there will come soft rains.

There will come soft rains and the smell of the ground,
And swallows circling with their shimmering sound;

And frogs in the pools singing at night,
And wild plum trees in tremulous white,

Robins will wear their feathery fire
Whistling their whims on a low fence-wire;

And not one will know of the war, not one
Will care at last when it is done.

Not one would mind, neither bird nor tree
If mankind perished utterly;

And Spring herself, when she woke at dawn,
Would scarcely know that we were gone.

- Sarah Teasdale

...

hi so i've been gone for a bit, but i come back with a very long story to make up for it <3
this oneshot truly means so much to me and i hope you all enjoy it as much as i have while writing it. this is dedicated to a few ppl THAT1GURLLL , ilybronksxx , vibeslewser , cathyliz ,seaycee_incorporated libro_cubicularist kayceEseaniE & prfctlew

also heads up the reference to there will come soft rains is a symbol of hope so that will make sense later :)

now good luck 😳

- kami 🌻

...

Maybe one day it will work for us, the sun will rise again and the rain will seep back into the earth, feeding the seeds of forgotten flowers - maybe the sunflowers in front of her yard will bloom again, they were always her favorite.

But as of now, the earth is on fire, scorching and burning as mother nature screams for mercy - an endless wave of mass destruction tearing through everything that was once standing.

Pushing a ladder against her roof, she trenches herself to the top, her blue jeans soiled from the puddles of rain she crawls past. Her shirt is crumbled, tore up from getting stuck on the sharp wood that peaks up from the hole besides her chimney. 

The town has grown empty, the silence, hallow and dull - even it is lonely. Kaycee finds herself reaching for her neck, the small beads softly hitting her chest, reminding her of the heartbeat she had almost forgot existed.

Nothing was alive anymore, she found herself even believing she wasn't either. But, there it was, the subtle tapping of the diamonds among her neck reminded her of her purpose. A purpose that was much greater than her.

It happened out of no where. Suddenly, every single thing in her life had vanished, even herself. It was a normal day, she was getting dressed to go meet Sean for lunch - they were going back to his place to assist him for a piece.

Kaycee was throwing on her jacket due to a sudden cold breeze that had snuck in through a crack through her window. Goosebumps crawled up her skin, an unfamiliar feeling tickling her nerves as she threw her dance bag over her shoulder - peering back at her room before closing the door, she lifted her brow, an uneasy smile tying off at the end of her lips before closing the door behind her.