just like old times

i really loved writing this and it's kinda different of how i usually write so i hope it's not complete trash

i didn't edit this so bare with me :)

dedicated cathyliz & prfctlew <3

ily

- kami 🌻

Blades of grass crinkle beneath her, tickling her skin as a laugh that melts like cotton candy leaves her pursed lips.

The stars swoon as they watch the young girl hide away beneath the trees, her infectious laugh making the trees bicker - they've always been jealous of her.

The daises perk upwards at the sound of her feet dancing through the fields, they sway, admiring the way her body easily flows like a crisp September breeze in the middle of June.

"Angel, where are you?"

"I'm over here!" She jumps to her feet, waving her hands out in between the trees.

"Kayc, we have class in ten minutes, we need to leave." Sean sighs, peering behind the trees for his best friend. "Come on, Kayc, stop hiding we need to leave."

Sean lets out a huff of air, running his hands through his black asian hair. "Fine then, I'm leaving without you and i'm going to find someone else to dance with."

He smirks, hearing leaves crunching beneath her feet as she approaches from behind him. "You wouldn't."

He turns to look at her, ears redder than her cheeks and hands cross over her chest as she bites the inside of her cheek. Try me, Rice."

Kaycee waltz over to him, a smirk dancing across her lips as she sinks her fingers in between his, watching as he raises their hands to his lips.

Sean caresses her face, his heart racing as she's met with her glimmering eyes that the stars have found home in. The freckles hidden beneath her long lashes have been transformed into the night sky, her cheeks turning shades quicker than the setting sun.

He brings his lips to hers, brushing asaide her hair as his thumb hooks behind her ear as her hand work their way around his body, feeling each crevice and line along his skin.

"Stay with me." Sean whispers against her neck as she lets her head fall against his chest, swaying as the sky turns shades of tangerines and honey mixed with crimsons and purples - the night making its way into town.

"I'm not leaving anytime soon."

Kaycee pulled his hand, a crescent moon attached to her face as they disappeared beneath the tree's gaze, their bickering coming to a halt as two laughs erupted through the silence.

The daises hum sweet poetry, watching as the two teenagers dance together through the fields, leaves crunching beneath them as they collapse to the floor - the forest becomes silent as they watch the boy press a kiss to her lips, a pink blush piercing their cheeks as their pinkies catch each other's.

They fall onto their backs the grass tickling their ankles as they gaze up at the sky, pinkies locked.

The stars glimmered down at them, smirking as the two teenagers melt into each other's touch - the stars whispering to the moon as they watched the couple sneak kisses when they thought no one was watching.

No one knew about their relationship, keeping it hidden deep inside the forest, where you will find them gazing out at the sky, watching as the sun disappears behind the horizon before sharing a few kisses.

After long practices, rough days and arguments that seemed to be the end for their relationship, every night you can find them at the edge of the forest, pinkies locked, small prints scattered across their necks where they had previously left kisses and their eyes always getting lost in the midst of the night sky.

"Why do I feel like the stars are always watching us?"

"Probably because they are." Sean muttered, pressing his lips to back of her hand. "Maybe they're waiting for something to happen."

"You think so?"

"They'll have to wait a few years." Sean presses his lips to her ring finger, massaging it with his finger. "Just a few more years."

Every day for seven years, the two returned. Every time was the same, watching as the sun set beneath the horizon, watching the stars dance in the sky with the moon.

Then one night, the couple lied against the grass, laughing and sharing kisses until the boy had gotten up from the floor - his eyes filling with tears as he got down on one knee and pulled out a small box from his back pocket. "Kaycee, Will you marry me?"

Unable to get the word out, she pressed her lips to his. "Yes."

The forest erupted in cheers, the sky lit up brighter than it ever has to congratulate the engaged couple. For years they watched, waiting for him to make a move, and now he has.

For months, the stars and the moon watched, waiting for the two to return but they never did.

The daises began to wilt, their petals chipping away, disintegrating into the forest floor. The trees wept, their branches trembling and cackling as the wind swept in to comfort the weeping forest. The grass had rotted away, no longer having the two teenagers to keep them company.

It had been years, the daises stopped swaying, the trees grew silent, the grass brown and fragile, the moon dull and lonesome as the light of the stars had faded, no longer shining.

It was until one day, a laugh echoed through the trees and then it was followed by another one, and another. 

The daises lifted their heads, the trees erupted in a whisper as they called for the moon and stars. The cheshire cat smile lit up the sky as the starts one by one grew brighter.

There they were.

The two teenagers, but they were different. Older. The girl's hair was cut to her shoulders, the boy had gotten taller.

They walked underneath the trees, pinkies intertwined as he pressed a kiss to her lips.

But there was something else that was different.

On the boys shoulders, sat a little girl. She had the girl's eyes but the boy's dimples.

They had swung her down onto to the forest floor, running over to the girl she caught her pinky with hers, pressing a kiss to her hand before collapsing against the grass.

They lied next to each other, eyes glued to the sky above them. "This is where your father asked me to be his girlfriend, and where he asked me to be his wife."

Kaycee and Sean turned to look at each other, their smiles brighter than the stars as they looked down at their daughter and back up to the sky.

"It's just like old times."