M.A.R.V.E.L

Peter waved goodbye at the man and ran off; leaving the crowd, superheroes, and two pissed-off space heroes behind. Well, one pissed-of space hero.

"Dammit!" Rocket Raccoon repeatedly kicked the train tracks, "Dammit, dammit, dammit! Why does she get all the credit! We were the ones who wore him down!"

"I am Groot"

"So what if she caused less 'collateral' damage! They can call a couple of Nano bots or something to fix it up!"

"I am Groot,"

"Wha-no Nano bots on this stinkin' planet!" Rocket Raccoon began kicking at the dirt. "How does that feel you sorry excuse for a planet!"

"I am Groot,"

"IKNOWWEAREN'TONTHEGROUNDSTOPTALKING!"

Generations ago, the only superpowers anyone knew about were in the hands of people (or things) that had gained extraordinary powers through lineage or chance. They were the heroes or villains of the world. Mutants, Inhumans, test subjects, they were the savior or murderers of thousands of lives. That all changed when a hospital reported a baby floating above the ground. At first, doctors and nurses simply mistook the child as another mutant and thought nothing of it. Then, suddenly, random people all over the world began receiving these powers, or 'quirks.'

Nobody knew where they were coming from, or why, but nobody really cared. No longer did you have to be blasted by a gamma bomb or be possessed by an evil ghost in order to get powers. Even better, the once isolated and ostracized abnormalities of the world-like-mutants were finally able to blend into society. The supernatural became the natural way of life, despite the differences in how they were gained.

As the number of super-powered individuals rose, crime around the world reached an all-time high. While governments tried to (again) adapt their laws and police force to handle these problems, groups of courageous people began to use their abilities to keep our cities safe. Eventually, through major public support, they gained an official status, and were even paid by the government based on their work; granted they used their powers for good.

Now with an official status and place in society, the duty of a hero was treated like any other job. Soon, independent companies around the world began to form. Whether it was enlisting the best superheroes they could find, providing gear to those who needed it, or simply trying to pay their bills. Since anyone could as easily become a villain as a superhero, the government and independent companies pooled their resources together in order to establish a system that would 'validate' someone as a superhero. They called it the MARVEL program:

Mutant, Inhuman, Quirked,

And other super-powered individual's hero

Registration,

Verification and

Enlistment according to

Legislation 451.

The MARVEL program funded, inspected, and catered to hundreds of independent schools to make sure they could mold a person into the superhero standard. And the best of all the schools was none other than MARVEL Academy: An entrance exam with 0.2% acceptance rate, a campus built and handled by some of the best superheroes, it was the unparalleled breeding ground where the world's greatest superheroes were born.

And it was the school Iron Man, the most powerful superhero ever, went to.

"All right class," Raymond Warren, Peter's science teacher, sighed, "We're in the last term of your last school year here. Now I hope you'll be mature and know that you should be spending this time thinking about what you really want to do in your lives, because this is where all your hard work comes to fruition," Suddenly, the teacher fell into a fit of laughter.