The Last Moments of the Ultimate Tennis Player (Chapter 6.)

ابدأ من البداية

It is.

The feeling of your life slipping away from you as you use every last ounce of your strength to hold on, even though the strongest man alive couldn't keep his grip on it...

THIS IS DESPAIR...

The feeling of everything you ever knew or cared about fading away as you reach out to take it back, while you know it's pointless...

THIS IS DESPAIR.

The feeling that the world has completely turned its back on you and you try to win it back, but you've already met the point of no return. The feeling of everything around you breaking down before your eyes. The feeling of death itself so close that you can feel its breath on your neck as it prepares to steal your soul away with its bloodied scythe.

THIS.

THIS IS DESPAIR IN ITS TRUEST FORM.

Me: "IT'S! It's. it's...

...

...

...

I... I can't...

WHY! WHY CAN'T I REMEMBER? THEY WANTED YOU TWO OUT OF THE WAY SINCE YOU WERE ONTO THEM, AND THAT'S WHY THEY PUT ME TO KILLING YOU TWO OFF!"

I can't help but break out into laughter at how hopeless the situation is. Shuichi doesn't believe me when I say that the Mastermind employed me. No one does. They promised that they would help me cover it up, making the murders nearly unsolvable! Is Shuichi really THAT GOOD of a detective? My laughter quickly turns to tears. There's no reason to hold them back anymore. I don't care...

Ryoma: "They told me that I would get out, but the game would continue. They promised freedom once you two were out of the picture. I don't care about anyone here, so of course I'd take that offer."

Me: "Well then, let's get this over with. Vote."

I watch in horror as everyone votes for me.

Monokuma: "THE VOTES ARE IN! AND YOU'RE CORRECT! THE TRUE BLACKENED WHO KILLED RANTARO AMAMI IS..."

...

...

...

Monokuma: "RYOMA HOSHI!"

K1-B0: "Wait. Something doesn't add up."

Monokuma: "SILENCE IN THE PEANUT GALLERY!"

K1-B0: "Listen to me!"

Monokuma: "UGH, FINE. What is it, Robonut?"

K1-B0: "First off, that's a terrible insult, even for you, Monokuma."

Monokuma's face puffs out in anger.

K1-B0: "If Ryoma was the true killer, then why did you accept it when we chose Kaede as the killer first?"

Monokuma starts to get nervous. I know that he's trying to lie his way out of the fact that he and the mastermind want Shuichi and Kaede out of the way.

Monokuma: "Uh.. um... t-the reason for that is..."

...

...

...

Monokuma: "WE DIDN'T WANT THE GAME TO END SO EARLY! THAT WOULD HAVE BEEN NO FUN AT ALL!"

K1-B0: "Wha?"

Monokuma: "Y-YEAH! We decided that no matter who was chosen, we would count them as guilty to keep the game going!"

K1-B0: "Wait, you said we. Who's "we"?"

Monokuma began to freak out again.

Monokuma: "T-The Mastermind and the Monokubs, of course!"

Kokichi looked suspiciously at Monokuma.

Monokuma: "A-ALRIGHT! ENOUGH STALLING! 

LET'S GIVE IT EVERYTHING WE GOT!   I T ' S  P U N I S H M E N T  T I M E ! ! !"

Suddenly, the same chain that dragged Kaede away Twenty Five hours ago grabbed my by the neck.

Or at least...

It TRIED to...

It grabbed me...

By the waist. My neck was too small.

What an embarrassing way to go to your death, huh?

I was dropped onto a tennis court, with a racket in hand. Suddenly, my feet were clamped to the floor. A tennis ball launcher rose up from the other side of the court. Ironic. I looked down and noticed that under me was... bamboo?

Oh.

OH NO.

Ryoma Hoshi

In

GROWING PAINS

The launcher started up. It fired one ball that hit me square in the face because I wasn't ready yet. As soon as the ball hit me, the bamboo grew a little.

The machine picked up in speed. I started swatting the balls away. It seems that every ball I knock away keeps the bamboo from growing.

I miss one. The bamboo grows more. It's now touching the sides of my legs. I panic. In my panic, I miss one more. The bamboo cuts through my legs. I collect myself, and begin to swat them away again. Monokuma shows up. Frustrated, he turns up the speed. It's now shooting at fifty balls per second. I miss more and more, the bamboo slowly and painfully creeping through my body. They're almost at my head, when I see someone in the crowd. It's Shuichi. He's staring down at me, with an unforgiving expression. I notice that he's holding something. He's holding Kaede's hand.

Heh.

That's why he was so invested in this case. That's why he has no remorse. He loves her, and I tried to take her away from him. Crazy what love can do to a guy. It gave him confidence. It unlocked something within him that gave him the strength he needed to be himself. I... I can't help but root for him now. Maybe my death is worth it in the end. 

I drop my racket, accepting my fate. I close my eyes...

Me: "Go get em', Mr. Detective."

And with this, I feel a jolt of pain...

Nobody's POV:

And that was the final match of the Ultimate Tennis Player.

His body was completely impaled. He hung on the bamboo, lifeless.

Shuichi walked away with Kaede. While Kaede felt sorrow for her lost friend, Shuichi didn't bat an eye.