Panic

Chapter 24

When my shift was over Michael came running up to me and wrapped his long arms around me.

"Are you ok honey bun was it to hard, uh it's so distasteful for you to be working so quit we can spend that time together and I'll take care of your finances." He smiled eagerly waiting for me to say yes.

"Baby that sounds so great but I have to work for myself I don't want to depend on your money, I can do it I'm independent."

He pouted then nibbled my cheek. "Alright, but where are you working anyway."

"I told you at some t-shirt shack."

"Yeah I know that but you didn't tell me the location."

"That's because I didn't think you would want to come there, plus I can't have my boyfriend distracting me at work." I playfully hit him so he would see I wasn't panicking.

"I understand but who knows I could just come to check the place out, buy us couple shirts or pick you up from work if your in a emergency I need to know how to get there."

Damn he just has all the answers. So I gave him the address.

When Michael went to buy us some sodas I sat on the dusty park bench and watch the kids run, fall and play. I stretched out and deeply inhaled letting all the dried up air hit my nostrils.

My phone started to ring I look down on the screen restricted caller, I answer anyway.

"Hello who's this?"

"Guess hot cheeks who could I be?" The voice stirred up my insides I knew it too well.

"How did you get my number?" The sun  

had began to burn my face .

"So many questions baby aren't you grateful that I called."

"I'm not playing Ramone."

"So you do know who this is, good to know you cant forget this voice."

"I'm hanging up."

"No, your not."

"Yes I am."

"I got your number from the boss told I had something to teach you come meet if your curious."

Just then Michael came back

"Who are you talking to?"

"A old friend." I hung up.

"Ken your sweating." He wiped it away. "Now tell me who was really on the phone."