◈~:|Weaknesses|:~◈

"You get to be a superhero by believing in the hero within you and summoning him or her forth by an act of will."

PERSONALITY WEAKNESSES

Emotional Vulnerability: Despite his pragmatic, grounded and calculating nature, John can be prone to being emotionally blinded. He equates himself responsible for every tragedy that occurs and is willing to take drastic and personal action out of fear of another loss. Extreme emotion additionally causes John to unleash his power unintentionally and often with devastating results.

Self-Doubt: Beyond a terrifying demeanor, expansive skill, knowledge and experience, John is in reality full of self doubt and is not above fear himself. He held a tremendous terror that one bad day or false move could plunge into a level as, or even exceed the level of a monster.

Trauma: Though John's powers themselves have few limits, scars on John's mental state have permanently (though not absolutely) caused his powers and their potential to be flawed and reduced.  John's experiences have left him very emotionally fragile and he still struggles greatly with the emotional toll of his accident, which also prohibits him from emotionally connecting with and trusting people after his many negative experiences.

•Commitment Issues: John is easily bored and does not do well with routine. When his membership in the avengers started requiring real work, John simply lit the whole building on fire and abandoned it.

•Rage:  John's determination in going after his target is both his greatest strength and his weakness as he often refuses to stop pursuing them, even when it would be in his interest to do so, or even wait for a better opportunity to strike.  His rage blinds him in battle to the point of leaving physical and mental weak points open for attacks.

•Arrogance: John, despite his great intellect, has displayed a high degree of arrogance, with it having caused him to underestimate circumstances and individuals in various situations, therefore indirectly leading to his plans being thwarted, to which he can potentially put others in danger as well. His brilliance further muddled by his jaded personal views and his alcoholic tendencies.

•Annoyance: John's incessant sarcasm has also proven to make him a very irritating person to be around. Many heroes often find themselves at wits' end around him; this makes for poor ability to cooperate with him in team efforts. Adam Warlock once said that John's most lethal weapon is his mouth. He will blabber nonsense during the whole fight, distracting and maiming the opponent until the latter "surrenders or commits suicide."

•Dark Side: John was shown to have a dark side, a part of himself that he struggles to suppress.

Overconfidence: John is overconfident.

POWER WEAKNESSES

Weaknesses of Electrokinesis:

Limited Energy Generation: Unable to create much electricity, being limited to manipulating only from already existing sources to use more than basic bolts.

Redirection: Electricity may be redirected by certain materials.

Resistance: May become useless if confronted with electrical resistant material, such as rubber etc. although a strong enough electrical change can overload any insulator and force it to become conductive.

Absorption: May have to find electrical sources of power in order to recharge.

Magic: He can be harmed and poisoned with Magic.

Injury: May damage/or hurt other people and himself without meaning or noticing.

Limited Durability: While his durability is high, it doesn't guarantee that John can take a hit without injury.

Muramasa: His healing factor is vulnerable to muramasa blades and bullets.

Chi: John has was proven to be vulnerable to spiritual energy attacks like Chi.

•Density-  John's augmentations render him unable to float well in water.

Sunlight: Prolonged sunlight weakens and hurts John whenever he is out of his suit or uncovered. 

Over-Exertion: John's energy attacks are draining. Overuse of his powers can lead to fatigue, forced aging and death. 

Addiction - The effects of using  and absorbing energy can be addictive to John. This is dangerous and can lead to forcefully draining the neural energy of people.

Fire: Fire is another weapon lethal to John as it prevents his cells from regenerating.

•Sonic Sound- Sonic sound overwhelms John's super senses and stuns him for as long as the sound is active, It additionally destabilises his energy blasts.  

GENERAL WEAKNESSES:

•Bad Luck: Not exactly a flaw or a disadvantage in his crime-fighting, John's life is generally a complicated one. John has been forced in numerous occasions to lie to people close to him, be late in his commitments, get away from people and so on for the sake of his secret identity.

•Phobias: John has arachnophobia, which is the fear of spiders. According to him, spiders "scare the *#$% outta me", as he believes their stare to be chilling, like they're "waiting". His worst fear is to be truly and utterly alone.

PHYSICAL WEAKNESSES:

•Memory Loss: John doesn't remember certain events in his life.

Physical/Mental Condition: John's powers are proportionally affect by his physical health and level of concentration. When severely injured, his body is unable to withstand the strain of manipulating magnetic energy in effective ways. He is also susceptible to physical and mental fatigue that can ultimately affect his efficiency. As he learned since he gained his powers, John requires to be properly focused to even access his powers, otherwise he struggles to even move anything larger than hand-held in size.

•Body Dismantling - It is possible cutting John into small enough pieces may kill him as his "parts" cannot regenerate without his brain or central nervous system intact. This is evident when he blows himself up in a suicide attempt, and he was unable to reassemble himself. But thanks to Blue Marvel putting John's body parts back together, John was able to resuscitate himself.

•Mental Impairment - The extreme nature in which his second mutation occurred, John has developed noticeable damage to his mental stability. To which, he can be highly impulsive without restraint, easily distracted or forgetful, and very random in his mood.

•Decapitation - If John's head were to be decapitated, he wouldn't be able to regenerate/heal himself and would thus die.

Desiccation: As John starves due to a lack of energy , it will weaken him until he turns into a husk, devoid of life until such a time that energy enters his body.

•Disintegration: If John were to be completely disintegrated he would die.

Magic: John has no defence against magic.

•Drowning - Due to the weight of his cybernetic -laced skeleton, it is difficult for John to swim as effectively as he could before. However, his superhuman strength and stamina allow him to compensate for the additional weight.

•Oxygen Deprivation - While John can go for much longer periods without air, his healing factor is still dependent on his brain subconscious activity. As such, if John is deprived of oxygen long enough, allowing his brain to shut down, he can die.

•Lack of Control - John is unable to fully control his power, as his volatile powers are constantly active, which is why he covers every part of his body, except his head.

•Energy Overloading- If John absorbs too much energy at once and can't redirect it, it can destroy his body, killing him instantly.

•Sensory Overload: One of John's weaknesses is the fact that his heightened senses could be taken advantage of. For instance, when John was fighting the Hulk (Bruce Banner), he was nearly killed by the Hulk's thunderclaps due to his heightened sense of hearing.

•Tachyons- Tachyons are a hypothetical type of  particle that travels faster than light and thus will destabilise John's cells if he absorbs them.