Part 16: Lady Tremaine's Curl Up and Dye

“Have you ever thought about changing that color?” I asked, referring to Mal’s hair. “It’s too bright.”

“I was actually just thinking about that,” Mal said.

“We can go to Dizzy’s and get your hair done,” I suggested. “I know that the place doesn’t open until midnight but we could still give it a try.”

“Sounds like a great idea,” Mal said. “I haven’t seen Dizzy in a while.”

“Alright, let’s go then,” I said.

“Are you two just going to forget about me?” Harry asked.

I walked over to my boyfriend. “I’m not going to forget about you but Mal and I need some girl time right now, okay?”

Harry nodded. “Okay, I was thinking about going to hang out with Gil anyway.”

“Okay,” I said, giving Harry’s cheek a quick kiss before turning to Mal. “Are you ready?”

“Yeah, let’s go,” Mal said, walking down the stairs with me and Harry following behind.

Mal got to the bottom first and when I got down, I was in for a surprise.

“What is this?” I asked, looking at the purple scooter that Mal was standing next to.

“Something Ben got me before I left Auradon,” Mal said, placing one hand on the handlebar. “You ready to ride it?”

“We’re taking this to Dizzy’s?” I asked.

“Yeah, I don’t really feel like leaving it out to get stolen,” Mal said.

“Alright, let’s ride then,” I said, hopping onto the scooter.

Mal laughed at me before I scooted back so she had enough room to get on the scooter as well. She started the scooter and after a quick wave to Harry, we were off to Lady Tremaine's Curl Up and Dye.

When we got there, Mal hid her scooter before walking inside.

Dizzy immediately saw Mal and ran over to her. “Mal! Is Evie back too?”

“As if. Um, I was told by Chloe that you guys don’t open until midnight. Place looks good,” Mal said, looking around the salon. “So what is your deal? Has your grandmother given you any customers yet?”

Dizzy sighed. “Just a witch here and there. Mostly it’s a lot of scrubbing and scouring and sweeping. Lots and lots of sweeping.”

“Sounds like the old Cinderella treatment, eh?” I asked.

“Yeah,” Dizzy said. “She’s gone from Wicked Stepmother to Wicked Grandmother.”

“That’s not much of a switch,” I mumbled.

“Hey, Dizzy, you used to do Evie, right?” Mal said.

Dizzy perked up. “Yeah, I thought of the little braids.”

“You have any ideas for me?” Mal asked.

“Mm,” Dizzy said, studying Mal’s hair. “The washed-out blonde with purple tips? That’s the best of no worlds.”

“That’s what I was thinking,” I said. “You can’t tell where her face ends and her hair begins.”

Mal rolled her eyes at my comment as Dizzy grabbed Mal’s hand and looked at it.

“Oh, what’s this? “Bored to Death Pink”?” Dizzy asked, walking Mal over to the spinning chair. “How far can I go?”

“The works? I mean, whatever makes me feel like me, but, you know… way worse,” Mal said.

“Yay!” Dizzy cheered before running over to the table and grabbing a large pair of scissors.