4 - I Used to

Diya pov

I can feel his glare on me continuously for a long time like I did a mistake here.

"Don't glare at her" his father roared at him making me flinch at my place in fear. Moving back a bit my back hit the wall stopping me from moving.

"How can you act like a Saint when you destroyed a girl's life? Is it why you have been living away from us for the past 5 years? Is it what we taught you, see your son Kirthika roaming around happily like he achieved something big. I have been dreaming big about him he will make us proud but he brought shame for our name. He left a girl behind after marrying her" I bite my cheeks hard hearing his words.

"No uncle. Please don't say such things, I don't want to hear such things again. I will go from here" I ran upstairs to took my bag to get out of here. But his father stopped me by taking my bag from me forcefully, angrily scowling me.

"Don't move out of here Diya. He did wrong but we won't let anything happen in front of our eyes not at least now after knowing what he did to a girl, our daughter-in-law"

I shook my head wiping my tears.

"You can't change anything uncle. He won't accept me ever, at least let him be happy without me"

"He agreed to accept you" his mother's words were like a thunder fall on my head.

I heard it wrong.

"He... He won't...."

"He is ready to accept you Diya" she smiled sadly at me.

I can't trust what I am hearing. Is he really ready to accept me? He remembered our love? Or is it for his parents?

"Arjun" his father called him loudly I can still feel anger in his voice.  Hearing his father's voice, he came out, his eyes are void of emotions which made me frightened.

"Don't try to play sick games again. If I heard anything again from anyone else you won't be able to live again" he nodded looking away from his father.

"Am I clear?" His father shouted wanting reply from him.

"Yes," he nodded and went away from there.

He don't want me.

He is forced into this. Again.

"I don't want this" I got my bag from his father and went out ignoring their protests. My eyes never stopped it's tears.

What will I do now? Where I am going to go? Without a single penny how I am going to live?

I should not have trusted him running away for my father.

I heard a car screeching sound I looked back and saw him coming out of the car shutting it down hardly which will break with the force he shut it. Seeing him I started to walk again ignoring him.

He will keep on hurting me if I stop, so I started to walk.

"Stop right there" he shouted. Ignoring him I started to walk from there.

These stupid tears flowed more when I saw him.

"I said stop" he shouted. I took more steps fast to maintain more distance from him.

But I felt his strong grip on my hand making me turn around to see his angry face which is ready to blast anytime.

"Why the hell are you running from me Diya?" He shouted on my face.

"Don't you dare say my name from your filthy mouth you shit" I shouted at him.

His grip on me tightened as he dragged me to his car.

"I don't want to come with you, leave me" I tried to remove his hold on my hand.

"Shut the hell up" he dragged me taking my bag from me.

"Leave me or I will..."

"Do whatever you want...." I cut him again.

"I would rather die than coming with you" I wriggled my hand out of his gaining a hard glare from him.

"That's what I am asking you to come with me. Why die in the road like an orphan? I have my own house to kill you every day" my mind stopped working hearing him.

Soon we both sat in his car and he drove somewhere apart from his parent's home.

"Don't you have even a bit of humanity in you?" I asked glancing at the deserted road.

"What do you think?" He asked casually laughing. Hearing him smile pained me.

"Not just for me" I stated the truth what I felt.

"You never failed in reading me except my heart" he chuckled at my foolishness. I chuckled along with him acknowledging myself.

"All these years you were just using me, right?" I asked looking out of the window calmly.

"No. It's you thinking like I loved you but I never did and I didn't use you all those years it's just that night only" my heart skipped a beat when he said that, not with happiness but with a lot of pain.

"It's easy right?" I asked him.

"What?" I felt his gaze on my cheek.

"Moving on and behaving like nothing transpired between us"

"It's not new for me. I always put past and unwanted things like a trash in the dustbin" he knows it would hurt me.

"The way I felt towards you can never be explained in words. The way My Arju behaved with me, the way he showed love to me is what I fell for. But he died the day when he had sex with me thinking me as one of his Mistress" I tried my best to control myself from tearing up.

"Then I can tell he never existed for me" yeah right. Soon the car stopped near a big building that looks like a skyscraper.

"You are easy to deceive" he switched off the engine parking it in the lot and asking me to get down.

But I was too broken hearing his words.

"Tell me the floor number. I will come on my own" I said slowly.

"43," he said and got out of the car. As soon as he got out I covered my mouth with my hand and cried my heart out as I can't bear the pain in me.

Why should I have to live this painful life? Why I am facing this situation? He broke me, my confidence, my trust everything. Is it still not enough for him?

I cried and cried and cried.

Everything is just an act. His love, care everything.....

He was standing outside all the time looking at me when saw my teary face he took his mobile and started to do something like ignoring me.

I need your hugs to feel safe, I need your kisses to feel loved, I need your hoodies to feel you, your support to hold myself, I need you today, tomorrow and for rest of my life.

But I know it's not possible.

I got out of the car taking my bag after wiping my tears.

"Do you still love me?" He asked placing his mobile back in his pocket.

Millions of memories flashed through my mind clenching my heart tight. But still, I smiled and said, "I used to"

Follow me on instagram and facebook... I mentioned my ID in my profile description

Do vote and comment and share the book if you like it... bye take care