Chapter 8

The three finally arrive and Mina and Yoongi head directly to the fridge. Yoongi went grocery shopping before so they should have a lot of ingredients. Jin places his stuff in his room and joins them in the kitchen. He asks, "So what are we making?"

Yoongi says, "We bought ingredients to make some pork belly and kimchi stew." Jin nods and says, "Sounds easy enough. What do you need my help on?" Mina then says shyly, "C-can you teach me how to make kimchi stew... sir." Yoongi smiles at her formality as Jin says, "Oh you can speak casually with me. Since Yoongi is your brother-in-law then I'm basically your-"

Yoongi interrupts, "Uncle." Jin then glares at the younger as he says, "I'm not that old." Jin then faces Mina and says, "Just call me oppa. Now let Jin's cooking lesson begin."

A few minutes later...

Jin stares at her with his jaw dropped. Mina moves closer as she studies his face intensely. Mina says quietly, "H-how does it taste? D-do I have to add salt?"

At the same time, Jimin enters the house with Yoongi guiding him.

Jin says, "It tastes delicious." Mina's eyes widen as she says, "Really?" Jin nods again and Mina blows up with happiness. She quickly hugs Jin and says, "You're the best! I couldn't have done it without you! Thank you so much oppa!"

Jimin stutters, "Oppa?" Mina lets go of Jin and quickly notices Jimin watching. Jimin yells, "YAH, WHAT ARE YOU-" Quickly, Mina feeds him a spoon full of the soup she had just finished cooking. Jimin cools down as he says, "That's delicious. Did you cook that?" Mina nods with stars in her eyes as Jimin says, "Wow, it's the best kimchi stew I'd ever tasted."

Mina says, "Jin oppa taught me how to cook it! Now I can cook it whenever you want some, we don't have to walk all the way to a restaurant to get some." Jimin then turns to Jin and walks towards him. He embraces the taller with hug and says, "You're the best."

Jin just chuckles awkwardly as Jimin continues to hug him.

They then move to the table as they start to eat.

Mina and Jimin sat beside each other while Yoongi and Jin sit across them. Mina is feeding Jimin the soup she proudly made as they keep doing cute couple things in front of the two single men. They playfully flirt with each other across the table as Jin can't touch his food because he lost his appetite watching the two flirt.

Jin asks Yoongi, "How do you deal with this?" Yoongi looks at him confused and says, "Deal with what? They're cute together, it just makes my heart flutter when I see cute couples." Jin chuckles and says, "You sound like an old man."

They finish their food and they finally start to converse. Jimin asks, "Hyung, since you helped us out, do you need anything? We can get you a free coffee if you want." Jin shakes his head but suddenly realizes he does need help with something.

Jin asks, "Actually... How did you confess to each other?" Jimin says, "Oh... Well, I liked Mina in high school and she liked me. But I was a year older so I waited for her to graduate before asking her out. She didn't like public confessions so we went on a drive and I asked her when it was only us." Mina nods as Jin asks, "Ohh... do you have any advice when asking out another person?"

Jimin says, "Well, it kind of depends on the other person. Mina was shy and never left the house. It took me a while to convince her to go on a date that wasn't a walking distance from her house. But, when it did happen, I took my chance and confessed privately. But some people do prefer public confessions or don't mind at all." Mina asks, "Are you asking because you want to ask Nayeonie out on a date?"

Jin nods and Mina says, "She's kind of outgoing and loud so I bet a cliche romantic date will do. Like a walk in the park into a picnic into a boat ride into a fancy restaurant." He smiles and says, "Perfect. Thank you."

|...|

"Jin's dating who?"

Jisoo says, "Well, they're not dating yet. But he's waiting for her! Isn't that so romantic?" Jennie frowns as Jisoo stares at her confused. She says, "Is it bad that they're dating? He's older but not by that much, I mean remember when you dated-"

Jennie interrupts, "Don't mention his name. I'm just worried." Jisoo says, "Why? Nayeon is a great girl, Jin's not dating one of those 'whores' as you call them." Jennie sighs and says, "That's the reason I'm worried. Jin hasn't been in a serious relationship in forever, I don't want him to break Nayeon's heart."

Jisoo stays quiet as Jennie says, "You know how he is, he flirted with you when he first met you! I don't want Nayeon to go through a break up without warning her of what he's done." Jisoo says, "But, it's not our place to tell her. We should let Jin tell her." Jennie sighs and says, "Let's not do anything then. If he really is serious about this, then he'll tell her first and not break her heart."

Jisoo says, "Really? I was right? You're agreeing with me? Wow, I'm getting a hold of this relationship thing." Jennie says, "Based on experience, this is Jin's problem and not ours. If he really does want to start something serious for once, he'll come out clean and tell her everything." Jisoo asks, "Do you really trust him to come clean?" Jennie nods and says, "He is the Kim Seokjin. If he likes someone that much, he'll do anything to make sure he gets her and that she stays with him."

Jisoo laughs and says, "Now, I think you're just overestimating him." Jennie shrugs and says, "It's in our blood. We're too perfect." Jisoo mutters, "I guess pride is in your blood too."