Chapter 4

Nayeon watches as Jinyoung quietly closes Jisoo's door. He turns to her shyly as Nayeon thanks him, "I really appreciate it. Sorry if it's too late." Jinyoung rubs his nape awkwardly and says, "It's fine. At least, I got your number and don't hesitate to call me when you need help or if you just want to hang out..."

Jinyoung starts to get more shy as Nayeon stares at him in disbelief. She thinks to herself, "D-did he just..." Jinyoung then says, "Well, good night."

Nayeon turns to go to her dorm but Jinyoung suddenly says, "Actually..." Nayeon turns around again and Jinyoung starts to get even more shy as he says, "I've been wanting to get this off my chest... so here goes nothing."

Nayeon just stares at him as he says, "Nayeon, I like you." She takes a step back in surprise as the first person she thinks of is Jisoo. She starts to feel guilty even though none of this is her fault. Jinyoung embraces her in a hug and says, "I know you aren't in the best state of mind right now, but please. Tell me how you feel right now."

Nayeon pushes him away and he looks at her with saddened eyes. She stutters, "S-sorry, it's just..." He bows his head already knowing her answer and quickly smiles back at her, "Ah. Okay, it's fine. I just wanted to ask you because I didn't want to regret not asking. You really don't have to... It's okay."  She notices his saddened mood and his teary eyes so she says, "Sorry." then quickly goes to her room. Jinyoung rakes his hair back trying to hold back his sadness.

He just got rejected.

----

The next few days for Nayeon have been terrible. She can't seem to talk to Jinyoung or even make eye contact because she feels guilty for rejecting him like that. The worst part is that he's acting like it never happened but Nayeon still feels bad.

Jisoo has also been avoiding her. Nayeon doesn't know why but she never sees her anymore even if they're just neighbors. She feels as if she did something wrong but she can't figure out what. Her college friends seem to just disappear and she feels more lonely as time goes by. Not only that but her work is starting to pile up and with her part time job, she can't seem to relax anymore.

Nayeon knocks on Jisoo's door waiting for an answer. Jennie answers with a small smile and says, "Hey, you need anything?" Nayeon tries to peek inside but Jennie closes the door a little so she can't see anything. Nayeon asks, "Have you seen Jisoo? I haven't seen her lately and I'm worried." Jennie keeps her smile and says, "No sorry. I think she's out with... some friends."

Nayeon just smiles and says, "Oh... Can you tell her to call me when she gets back?" Jennie just nods and Nayeon leaves the room.

Jennie goes back inside with her arms crossed and an intense glare. She stares at Jisoo who's hiding under the blanket and says, "Why did you make me lie to Nayeon? Did you do something?" Jisoo says, "No."

Jennie tugs the blanket and Jisoo complains at the sudden coldness. Jennie threatens, "Tell me what happened or else I'm getting Nayeon and Jinyoung." Jisoo sits up straight and says, "FINE! But you take this to your grave!"

Jennie stares at her friend with her jaw dropped and her eyes widened. She stutters, "Y-you like Jinyoung?" Jisoo nods and Jennie continues, "A-and he likes Nayeon?" Jisoo nods again but this time slower. Jennie says, "So why are you avoiding her?"

Jisoo groans as he ruffles her own hair, "Ugh, don't remind me about her!" Jennie looks at her with concerned eyes and says, "Yah, don't let jealousy ruin that great friendship!" Jisoo lies on her bed with her face buried in her hands. She says, "I can't even look at her, it just reminds me how Jinyoung doesn't like me and only likes her." Jennie scoffs and says, "Then go talk to Jinyoung, tell him your feelings." Jisoo twists and turns on her bed as she says, "It's not that easy! I haven't spoken to him in days and he didn't even try contacting me! He hates me!" Jennie chuckles and says, "Now, you're overreacting."