Chapter 5

I don't even have time to sit back down and finish my drink and Effie is already rushing me off the train. "But, but," I say as she takes my arm and drags me to the doors we went in through to get into the train. "My pin." I say my smile going to a frown. Effie waves her hand back and fourth. "The axoxs will get it. Don't worry." she smiles and shoves me out the door going back to get Haymitch. Peeta stands next to me looking at the crowd. The brightness is so overwelming that I squint my eyes to block some of it out.

The crowd is cheering. They're throwing roses at me and Peeta. I bend over and pick one up that falls to the ground. I examine it. It's red and smells good. It seems fresh but it could be a kind made by the Capitol. I stick it in my hair though it looks bad with my duck hair. I look over and see Peeta smiling and waving at the cheering crowd. I elbow him and whisper. "Why are you waving at the monsters?" I ask making my head point to the crowd. Peeta opens his mouth about to answer when she appears at my side with Haymitch next to her.

We get guided into the what I called the Styling Quarters. I get shuffled in there and pushed into a room. I look around and don't see anyone. Then, three people emerge from out of no where. My prep team. "HEY GUYS!" I say and wave. They wave back at me. Octavia, the peppy one (I can already tell) starts to talk to me first. Her skin is light purple and she has contacts to go with her skin that are purple. Among that her shirt is neon orange and her pants are neon green. She stands out. "C'mon sweetie. Let's get you pretty for Cinna." Octavia says while I stare at her long eylelashes as they blink at me.

Cinna? Who's Cinna? I'd never heard of him before. I get to meet a new person! Yay! I smile as they start to strip me down. What are they doing? I see Flavious making contact with me. His grey eyes staring RIGHT at my swinga-lings. (A.K.A. Boobs.) I give him a look. I'm about to slap him but then Venia directs me to a bath. Her long finger nails touching my bare body feels weird. I step into the warm water and sit down. I let my body relax as Flavious undoes my hair from the duck hair and Octavia lifts my hand out of the water and works on my nails.

Venia adds more things into the water. It makes the water smell better. I smile and relax as Venia lifts my foot and starts to scrub it. I wince as Flavious brushes a knot out of my hair. "Hey, watch it!" I say to him. He doesn't reply and keeps working on my hair. Venia scrubs me the rest of the way and Octavia goes to my other hand. Flavious starts to put my hair in a French Twist. Venia adds more smelly stuff to the water. I probably smell like butterflies, unicorns, and petunias now.

Venia bends down and asks me "Do you have piercings?" I shake my head no. She shrugs. "Clip ons will have to do." I watch as she goes over to the corner. "Ooooh!" I say. "She's in time out." Octavia just looks at me like I'm crazy. I get that look a lot. I think Venia ignores me and the fact she's in trouble because she comes back with some clips.

"This isn't going to hurt a bit." she says as she takes a small earing and puts it on my earlobe. My eyes follow her as far as they can, as she puts the clip on my ear. Then, she does another one below it and this time it dangles. I want to take my hand a make it dangle but when I try Octavia scolds me. Venia takes one more earing and places it at the top of my ear. I wince at that one. "OW!" I yell. It startles everyone. They get back to work and Venia does my other ear. It doesn't hurt as much this time. Flavious finishes my hair and Octavia finishes my nails.

They all help me out of the tub and place me on a table. "Can I get my robe?" I ask. "No." Octavia answers in her peppy voice. "But," I start. "But, no. You cannot. We need to remove any hair not aloud there." Flavious says. I raise my eyebrows then look away. "Okay, then." I say quietly. 

I lie down on the table while Venia, Flavious, and Octavia all probe me of my hair. I wince as they strip it off my body. I want to get up and yell "BITCHES. STOP IT! THE FUCKING HURTS! HOW WOULD YOU FEEL IF I JUST CAME UP TO YOU AND RIPPED YOUR HAIR OUT?! WOULDN'T FEEL GOOD, WOULD IT?" But I don't. I feel like I might just die quicker in these games.

After a while the pain feels natural. Like I don't even care anymore. But, thats only after they gave me some medicine because I couldn't stop screaming. Oops.

When they finally are done I feel like I'm in a daze. They all examine me and realize they forgot one thing. Make-up. I get all prettied up. Flavious is in charge of lips and Venia is in charge of eyes. Flavious puts firey red on my lips makeing them stand out while Venia outlines my eyes in eyeliner. Venia steps away so that Octavia can do my mascarra and curl my eyelashes. Flavious brings me a mirror and I admire myself in it.

I look beautiful. Octavia sticks her finger in my mouth and I bite it. She tries to slip it out of my mouth but I bite it. She pulls it out and shakes it. "OW!" she says. I frown "You didn't taste like grapes." I shake my head looking sad. Octavia glares at me and then looks at the others. "Let's get Cinna." They leave me in the room alone.

As soon as they leave I retrieve my robe. I can't stand being naked. Cinna walks in and looks at me in my robe. "Well, already something I see I don't have to tell you." he smiles. I laugh and he holds out his hand. "I'm Cinna, your stylist." he says as he shakes my hand. "Madge." I say smiling. Cinna has dark hair, dark skin, and gold flecks of eyeliner. Not like most Captiol citizens.

I kinda like him. He looks at me up and down. "You're the Mayor's daughter?" he says chuckling a bit. I nod. He must have seen my reaping. "Okay, so would you like to hear my plans for your outfit tongiht?" he asks. I nod my head again and he smiles slightly as he walks across the room and presses a button. I look away for a second and all of a sudden there is food sitting there.

He sits down on the couch and waves me over. I sit next to him. "Alright," I say. "What do ya got?" I ask while taking a cupcake. I lick the icing off first. "Well," he says. "My partner, Portia and I, were thinking matching outfits this year." he says while watching me lick the icing. He takes a plate and a cookie and eats it. I nod my head in response. "Okay, and?" I ask waiting for more. "Well, we were thinking that you wear all black." he says. Okay. Not so bad. "Okay. Whats the catch?" I ask narrowing my eyes. He looks at me. "Oh, well. We're just going to put coal on you and catch it on fire." he says.

 ____________________________________________________________________________

Sorry wasn't as funny. Oops. More to come (: Also theres a pic and it shows what her hair looked like. Yes. Madge is Taylor Swift in my head. I get a perfect picture of Taylor when I think of Madge. But, yeah anyways I promise Ch 6 will be out soon!