Chapter 32 ll She is the one that would be the bae to his life.

Start from the beginning

His father has passed on and he's missing him so badly. Whilst mine, is alive and kicking, and most likely going around screwing some women.

Would I miss my father if he died too?

To be honest, I don't even know what I would feel.

I'm so conflicted with my feelings right now.

And I guess I was too caught up in thinking, I jump a little as I feel something poking against my back.

"Put your hands above your head and turn around." Chris' voice rings from behind.

For a moment, I was very confused, so I carefully put down the bowl of beaten eggs in my arms and turn around with my hands raised at the sides of my head.

My lips break into an adoring grin upon the sight. Chris is holding up his hands like it's a makeshift gun, pointing it at me. He is wearing a simple black cotton shirt with matching sweatpants. There is a trace of playfulness behind his straight face.

"Miss Summers, you're under arrest."

I gasp in utmost horror. "But why!"

"You have the right to remain silent, but anything you say, can and will be held against you in court."

"I'm asking you why am I under arrest."

"Miss Summers, you are very noisy."

"And Mr Martinez, what exactly are you doing?"

"Shhh, don't forget, you're under arrest. Turn around and face the other side."

"No."

"Miss Summers."

"No."

"Please."

I giggle a little when I see Chris rolling his eyes in annoyance for me. Okay then, I shall comply.

I turn around to face the wall and await for something to happen, but nothing did. All I hear is heavy footsteps and - ommph.

Chris crashes his front against my back and I am momentarily being pushed forward by the impact. He wraps his arms tightly around me, caging my arms to my body, steadying ourselves before I could tumble over. He buries his nose into my neck.

"You almost killed me."

"I won't hurt you, you idiot." He mumbles.

Whether that's a figure of speech, or there is a literal meaning to it, my insides melt a little.

"Do you know what this means?"

"What?"

"You're under my arrest."

"Yeah, you kind of told me that."

"No, you don't get it. Instead of handcuffs, I'm restraining you in my arms."

Oh, I get it now. Is that why he's hugging me so tightly against him? So that I can't even move?

"Oh, I get it now."

"Do you know why you're under arrest?"

I smile, "Why?"

"There's two reasons to why I'm doing this."

"Uh huh, and what are they?"

"Firstly, I didn't get a good morning kiss." His tone accusative.

I laugh at that.

"And you're not going to be getting one any sooner." I tease. Chris frowns.

"Secondly -" he pauses to turn me around so that I'm in his embrace, looking at him, face to face, "- you said you were at a friend's house when you were on the phone just now."