Chapter 13- Head And Sous

3rd person's pov

In order to avoid creating a scene in front of all the other students, the involved students and teachers moved to Dojima's office. "Remind me why I need to come as well." Aika said as she looked at all the teachers present, thinking back of yesterday's event. "You are also a judge with Shinomiya, naturally you must come to explain the situation as well." Dojima replied as he ruffled her hair which Aika responded with a light slap to his hand, mumbling to him something about not touching her hair as she rearrange it. "Is this what Tadokoro Megumi made? But it's delicious. What's wrong with passing something this yummy? Why be so stubborn? Dummy! Blockhead! Narcissist!" Hinako said as Aika sat closer to her father as she saw that Shinomiya was very close to snapping. "Shut it, Hinako." Shinomiya said as he grabbed her head till she apologised. "Chef Dojima, wasn't this assignment supposed to be left entirely up to my discretion?" Shinomiya asked, wanting to prove a point to Aika. "Yes and it was. Aika was also there to help you out by advising you on it." Dojima said, indirectly reminding him about the fact that Aika was also one of the judges. "I have nothing against what dish you choose or the criteria of your judgement. However from what I see, she did everything she could to overcome the challenges presented." Dojima said again as he gestured his hand to Tadokoro. "Don't you think that courage merits giving her results a second thought? Even Aika approve of her." Dojima questioned as he look at Aika. "No. Not at all. Aika can just be doing it because she is her friend." Shinomiya said without any hesitation. "Megumi-chan may be my friend but when it comes to judging, what I appreciate is not the bond but the food. Megumi-chan passed my test because my criteria covers creativeness." Aika said as she glared at Shinomiya, somehow looking like she was pouting instead which made Sho chuckle and pinch her cheeks to which she did nothing as that was her father pinching her.

"Well, I think it does." Hinako interrupted, dispersing the tension in the room. "It looks like we have a tie. I guess there's no way around it." Dojima said eyeing Hinako as he said it, making Shinomiya feel angry. "Only one option left. We go through with the unofficial Shokugeki. I will manage the details myself. Consider it a side event. Of course, there must be no interruptions to the camp itself. Therefore, your battle with Shinomiya will wait until you both have finished all your obligations on the day." Dojima said, grinning at them while Aika just stared at him. "Hold on a minute! Why make me go through with this farce-" Shinomiya said but was cut off when Dojima looked at him with a angry and stern face saying, "Accept it, Shinomiya." Shinomiya just sigh while Aika started to drink the tea that she found and poured. "All right, allright. I'll go along with your little whims, Monsieur Dojima. You get your Shokugeki, Yukihira. And if you win, I will rescind Tadokoro's repulsion. But if you lose, your head flies right along with hers." Shinomiya said with a glare as he walked out of ther room. "There you have it, Tadokoro, Yukihira. Once you've finished your afternoon assignments, come to the hotel's side wing. If you don't know the way, Aika will guide you there. There, we'll get a good look at your true worth." Dojima said before he let them off. "Oto-san, Oji-san, I will come back after I say a word with them." Aika said as she quickly made her way towards the two that just left. "Soma-kun, Megumi-chan." Aika called out as she fast walk her way towards them. "Aika?" Soma asked as he turned back along with Tadokoro. 

Aika looked at the both of them for a few times before she sighs and wacked Soma on the head. She then turned to Tadokoro and lightly knocked on her head as Tadokoro flinched, thinking it was going to hurt a bit more than that. "Soma-kun, you deserved that. You should have known better than to provoked an alumni. Megumi-chan, be careful later okay? Shinomiya sensei is very skilled which is why he is so arrogant." Aika said as she glared at Soma and held Tadokoro's hand in hers, looking at her as if she was her mother. "But if we don't then Tadokoro will be expelled." Soma said as a matter of fact. "Do you think I cannot do anything? I'm also a judge along side with Shinomiya sensei at that time. I could have went into a verbal fight with him and have a higher chance of winning than you two. You do not understand the gap of skills and experience between him and you guys yet. And do you realised that if you win against him, which is impossible, you might still need to go through me as I'm also your so called head sous chef at that time?" Aika said as he looked at Soma that stiffen up, clearly not thinking that part through. "Sigh, just do your best okay, Megumi-chan? I'm sure a miracle will happen. After our sessions are done, I will lead you both there. See you both in a while." Aika said as she walked back to Dojima's office. "That's weird." Soma said as Tadokoro looked at him questionably. "Why is it so weird? Aika-chan just gave us words of encouragement." Tadokoro said, not understanding him. "It's not that. I just find it weird how Aika knows the way to wherever we need to go." Soma said as he threw it to the back of his head and walked off with Tadokoro for break time.