Chapter 2- Transfer Students

3rd person's pov

As Aika was in the car with her father, she thought of the white hair man and his dish, thinking of how superior he was than the rest of the chef there. She thought of how the only information she actually had about him was his school name as well as his appearance, but that was not the end of her thoughts. 'Maybe that is where I can hone my skills even further and meet a formidable opponent or two. If he gave me false information on where he really is, I'm going to be pretty upset with him.' She thought as she look out of the window, seeing trees as she pass by. "Aika. What made you think of going to Totsuki all of a sudden? I was pretty sure you didn't wanted to go there when I ask you three years back but now, it seems like you actually want go there on your own will and not me being persistent about it." Her father, Mimanoya Sho, said with excitement and glee in his voice.

"There was this man that serve me a wonderful dish when I was judging a few days back and he said he's from Totsuki so I think that maybe this isn't a waste of my time after all and I can probably find some interesting people to do a Shokugeki with. Not just having you or Joichiro-sama there to play this game with me. Since you two are the only people that I know goes to Totsuki, I can't just play this with some normal person on the street since they won't know about the game. Anyway, the ones that we do is always unofficial and it doesn't have any excitement in it knowing you won't win anything. If it's in Totsuki, I think I can risk betting some stuff before anyone can defeat me. By then, I don't think I would need to use my expulsion or my career as a chef anymore as a bet." Aika said to her father as she once again look out of the window after looking at her father's excited face that she was finally going to the school he always wanted her to go to.

" Only less than 10% of the students that gets in graduates from there so you better not fail me. After all, you were taught by a former First Seat and Second Seat of the Elite Council." Her father said as the car pulled to a stop and she open the door waving to her father as she walk into the school. Looking at the majority of the students were all spoiled rich brats, she knew that not many of them were going to survive this test. If it were up to her, she would probably fail all of the incompetent ones that is still sticking to their butlers first. 'As chefs, you are suppose to serve people not let people serve you. Those with the mindset that they still shall be served while taking this exam shall be as good as dead unless they actually hone their skills. The chefs shall only be served when in their house if they are rich and when they are being served by other chefs.' She thought as she walk through the area, trying to find the correct place she's suppose to go to.

On The Other Side

"Oh? Didn't I tell you that the place is Japan's premier culinary school. It's the elite of the elite with less than 10% of students that ever graduate." Soma's father said on the line from the phone to his son. 'I thought it will be something like an old grandpa teaching us the basic of cooking or something like that, not Japan's top culinary school!' Soma thought to himself as he significantly paled. The son and father chatted a little more on the father's whereabouts before his dad said something that struck him to the core. "Listen Soma, if you can't make it from that school, then your dreams at beating me... Is nothing but a joke." That riled Soma up by a notch as he shouted into the phone of how he will make it through the school. He even hung up without listening to the piece of advice his father was about to give him because he thinks he doesn't need it.

As everybody got into the hall, Aika wondered what judge might she get as the examiner. She was so lost in thought while walking into the hall that she didn't realised that everybody was staring at her while whispering to each other. Some were scared that she might be the person overlooking the test but some thinks that she might also be trying to get into the academy while others was looking at her with either glares or lovely gaze. As soon as she got into the hall, she saw a red head which made her think of what her non-related uncle might have done to get him here. 'Knowing Uncle Joichiro, he probably said something about beating him and knowing his tendency to go around the world, he is probably cooking somewhere right now.' She thought as she tried to squeeze her way through the crowds to the guy that was Yukihira Soma. But that was as good as useless since there were so many people, she can't seem to get anywhere at all without being push to the opposite direction so she decided to give up and wait for the judge to come into the hall.