Chapter 1- The Cheater

3rd person's pov

It was late afternoon when you can see a red head walking feeling rather down after his dad beat him for the 489th time yesterday. For today, Yukihira was closed as his father wasn't coming back till tomorrow which Soma found a bit strange. But he shook it off as it happens often. What he found peculiar was the fact that his dad asked him what he was going to do after graduating from junior high which he of course said that he was going to practice cooking at the shop. But before he could continue, his dad hung up on him. 'Maybe dad's angry because he thinks I'm going to take the restaurant from him before I defeat him.' Soma thought as he continued his journey. While walking, he thought of how much he actually know about his father and too be honest, it was actually very little. 'Whatever, I better go get tomorrow's breakfast and get back home before the sun is down.' He thought while walking to the grocery store.

When he got back and open the back door, he saw all of the food stock, specifically the meat is all pulled out and ruined. 'What, a burglar? No, a burglar wouldn't do this. And the front shutter is up!' Soma thought as he went out. He was shock to see that the restaurant sign has been covered with white paint as a voice suddenly came from the back of him. "My, my. Your store is looking so much better than it already was yesterday! Maybe it's because that ugly sign is covered up. You know what? I feel like I'm in a mood to eat some meat. The marbled steak I always have in Roppongi is so delicious, every bit is just simply mouth watering to eat." The voice, which was Minegasaki said as she open the door and sat on one of the chairs.

"I know. Boy, I want the most juicy and tender meat dish you have right now." She said as she stares at Soma for a while." What's this? You can't serve your customer? I remember a certain boy telling me that if he can't serve his customer he will close this shabby place down. What timing! Since you can't serve me just sign the paper to close this place down. I mean, after all, your sign is already removed, why don't you just close the whole place down?" She said as she began to laugh hysterically. "Is that all you want madam? If that's all and I'm able to make a dish that satisfy you, swear that you will never come back to our restaurant." Soma said as he pulled the long piece of white cloth off his wrist and tied it to his head angrily while she nodded. As he began cooking, the girl immediately started to whisper to one of the guards asking whether they destroyed all of the meat in the place only to see the guard nod his head with a panicked expression. "What's going on here?! I asked for my meat-" "Hai hai your meat is coming... And here you go" He said as he laid the dish on the table.

"Want to know how I got this meat? well, it's simple, I used the potatoes and bacon slices that was for my breakfast tomorrow to make this dish I call 'Gotcha Roast Pork'. You see, I boiled the potatoes and then-" "I ask for meat! Tender and juicy meat not some potatoes covered in bacon!" The girl cried out as she slammed her hand onto the table. "This diner is a failure! If you can't serve me with even a meat dish then this diner is a dump that shall have never exi-" Soma slammed the dish onto the table before he said with a fiery gaze in his eyes "This one dish will tell you whether Yukihira deserves to have a place to stay or not. Dig in!" The girl gulped as she picked up the fork and poke the dish, making the bacon juice burst out as she slowly raised it into her mouth and chew. Once her teeth made contact with the food, immediately the juice burst in her mouth and each time she chew, more and more juice just came bursting out. "As I said earlier, I boiled the potatoes until they were hot and fluffy, then kneaded in diced mushroom which are fibrous and soaks up fats easily. Then I wrapped it in thick-cut bacon and set it to roast as the heat causes the fat to render out of the bacon, leaving it crispy and crunchy, while the potatoes soaked up every last drop of that savoury fat. Crispy on the outside and juicy on the inside, together they create a savoury and sensual taste experience." Soma said, grinning.