"TORI VEGA YOU HIT A POLICE OFFICER ON A MOTORCYCLE?!?!"

"SHUT UP!" I cry out covering my face feeling it heat up with embarrassment.

"Geez you just had to wait til I was gone before you decided to get exciting," she complains.

"I was never boring!" I swat her arm.

"Ehhh," I swat her arm again and see the smile on her face now before I realize the large one I have on mine, I quickly look away and force it back down.

"Alright clocks ticking, what are we doing," I ask.

"Everything," she says with a mischievous smile on her face before she leads me to the first place which of course had to be the hugest worst scariest ride set up in the place.

"You know I'm pretty sure this isn't how normal people make friends," I say as we wait in the line.

"Oh sweetie you of all people should know I'm anything but normal," she counters as she walks past the people getting off to get on.

I roll my eyes at her and reluctantly take a seat next to her. I start to feel all the nerves in my stomach start a frenzy.

My nerves only intensify as we get strapped in. I feel a slight nudge from Jade's leg against mine and look up at her.

"Quit overthinking it you baby."

"The only thing I'm overthinking right now is if giving you the chance to be friends was really the smartest choice," I counter.

"I can hear the panic in your voice a million miles away Vega," she teases me as I give her a glare.

"Excuse me! I think I'd like to get off," I yell over to the guy at the controls.

"Don't listen to her she doesn't know what she wants she's high!" Jade yells at the guy. He doesn't seem to care and hits the button to start it up.

I kick jade harshly.

"You'll thank me later!"

As the ride starts I can feel all my terror rising and before I knew it all I could hear were my own screams. I had my eyes shut tightly until I felt a hand grip my shoulder and turn to see a laughing jade as the wind blows our hair all over. I can't help but start laughing through my screams.

By the time the ride finished I was ready to go again and ended up forcing jade to go another 3 times.

"Vega if we go ONE more time I swear to god I'm gonna rip all my hair out and shove it down your screaming throat," she threatens as we get off for the last time.

"Have fun explaining my death to the police and my police father," I retort.

"I'm sorry officers I don't know what happened, we were on the ride and she suddenly started growing long black hair from her throat and suffocated," she shrugs.

I shake my head as we walk off towards some food stalls.

"Finally, the real reason people come to the fair," she says as we walk up to order. We end up ordering way more gross greasy fried crap than we probably should've but we ate it all.

"Please tell me the night is over," she groans as she rests her head on the table.

"Not yet it's not, I am going on that Ferris wheel even if it breaks and rolls me into a body of water. You can either join me or stay here and mope but I know what a good friend would do," I provoke as I start making a bee line for the wheel.

"Suffocation Vega. Suffocation," she replies as she walks unenthusiastically with me.

I marvel at the sights of the lit up city in the night as we rotate around on the machine.

"I guess we can still be friends," I finally say as people start to get off.

"Thank god I didn't know how much more of this I could take," she responds.

"Yeah yeah it's not over yet I still need that ride," I say before I pat her head.

"Do that ever again and you're dead," she threatens before I do it again anyways. "I hate you," she responds as we finally step off the ride and make our way to her car.

Jade's POV

The drive is long and silent. Not an awkward silence though. Just a regular silence. We had a long night and we were both pretty worn out. I pulled up into the college parking lot and waited for her to leave.

"What a day," she exhales as she undoes her seatbelt.

"A good one I'd hope," I say.

"Still to be decided," she says as she starts to get out. I don't know why but I got out too.

"Look if we're gonna do this whole friends thing I just want the chance to fully explain myself so things aren't tense or whatever," I say quickly.

She looks hesitant at first but nods.

"Yeah alright, explain while we walk because I'm really missing my bed right now," she says as we start walking to the dorms.

"I know the whole thing was pretty shitty, and I was a pretty big asshole about it," I start.

"You think?" She says sarcastically.

"Look the real reason I broke up with you wasn't because I was too busy and wanted to have someone to be with in person. It was because I didn't want you to worry while you were busy and wanted you to have someone to be with in person."

"I'm my own person jade. I decide what I want and don't want, not you," she responds bitterly.

"My point is, I knew you were gonna get busy with all your college stuff and I just didn't want to distract you from your life," I finish up as we get to her dorm room. Thank god that damn Reggie wasn't around, he annoyed me.

She unlocked her door and stood in the doorway now.

"Well in the words of the ever so wise vampire diaries, Elena Gilbert, it's okay. We met and we talked and it was epic, but then the sun came up and reality set in." She said calmly looking me in the eyes.

"Oh fuck this," I finally break and grab her face in my hands before I harshly press my lips against hers. I felt her body tense up as soon as it happened but she soon responded just as eagerly.

"This is wrong I can't do this," she breathes out as she pulls away.

"Then why does it feel so right," I say, my forehead pressed against hers as I have her pressed against the wall. "Tell me why I can't function without you. Tell me why when it comes to you I can't think straight. Tell me why I can't breathe without you Tori. Tell me you don't love me. Tell me you don't miss me. Tell me you don't think about me. Tell me you don't ever want to see me again because you know we can never be just friends. Tell me right now and I'll leave. I'll leave and never come back."

"I can't," she finally whispers before our lips crash together again. She breaks away from me to shut and lock the door before she returns to my lips. I pin her back up against the wall again and start biting her neck and collarbone earning me pleased moans from the latina under me.

She pulls me to the direction of her bed before she climbs atop me and starts eagerly rolling her hips against me while we deepen our kisses.

I wake up that next morning to a warm feeling I'd missed for 7 months. Vega was snuggled against me, only this was the first time it was our bare skin that burned each other with warmth.

I watched her body rise and drop with every breath she took. I finally felt whole again. I could finally breathe again.