Chapter 23 - baby names

Start from the beginning

"See you around Peter." She replied.

-

*three months later*

"So how well do you think I'll do if I don't study this chapter?" I asked.

"I guess we'll never find out." Then the book was shoved into my hands.

"This is so not fair, how is it that I have to study for this stupid exam and you get to skip it? I asked and yawned.

"Well, because I got all A's this semester and was allowed to skip the exam."

"Smartie pants." I said and frowned.

"Wipe that frown off of your face and focus Peter." She laughed.

"Yes mom." I rolled my eyes.

"Did you just-?" She asked with mock terror.

"Nooo." I said and carried on studying.

"Peter Argent."

"Isabella Cavanaugh."

She shook her head and laughed, "just carry on studying."

-

After I had met her, we carried on bumping into each other until I finally asked her out for coffee, she said yes and here we are, three months later, and really good friends. I liked her though, I wanted to be more, but every time I hinted towards something more, she always brushed it off. It didn't matter, I was still falling for her smile, the way she twirled with her hair when she was focused, the way she played with her fingers when she was nervous. I was falling for all of her and she wasn't even thinking about me in that way.

I thought about all of this as I sat with her and watched a movie.

"You think she's going to die?" She asked me and ate some more popcorn.

"I guess we'll have to see." I said and looked at her.

She smiled back at me and our eyes met, I started inching towards her and she leaned forward slightly. Our lips met and we kissed for 0.2 seconds when she pushed me back.

"I don't think that-" she started.

"I'm so sorry, I thought that there was something there, I guess I was wrong. Ahh I'm such an idiot, I hope this doesn't ruin anything. How can I be so stupid. I really am sorry, I must've misread the situation. I don't really know what I was-" I started, frantically.

"Peter."

"No I don't know what happened, we should just forget this."

"Peter," she said and touched my arm. "No."

"No?" I asked her.

She slowly moved her face closer to mine and kissed me softly.

"I don't want to forget this." She said and pressed her forehead against mine.

-
*four months later*

"Good morning love." I said and kissed her.