Chapter 23 - baby names

Peter's POV

I'm going to tell you a story. Perhaps it might clear up the whole 'I'm being targeted where ever I go' thing.

So here goes.

I was twenty years old, still in college, still young, still naive. But then I met her.

•••

I ran down the hall in record time and finally made it to the door when it swung open, by the professor. He looked at me disapprovingly and then walked back inside, with me trailing behind him.

"We could hear you running from a mile away Mr Argent." A few people laughed and I felt my cheeks burn with embarrassment.

The professor came up to me and said softly, "that is the second time you're late Peter, is there something I should know about?"

I gulped and shook my head no, he sighed and motioned for me to go back to my seat so I headed there when I noticed someone had taken it. I looked around and the only empty seat was in the front, so I forced myself to walk all the way back to the front and sat there.

I could hear the professor babble away about god knows what but I wasn't listening.

"Mr Argent, maybe you can tell us?" I heard him say.

I looked up in a panic, what was the question?

"The third kings code." I heard the person next to me say.

So I answered the question, the professor looked a bit skeptical, but he just carried on talking.

"You're my savior." I said and I smiled at her.

"You're welcome." She said and laughed, then got back to her note taking. I should ask her about those later.

I left class a little later than everyone else since the professor wanted to speak with me, again. As I was walking down the hallway, I saw the girl who had come to my rescue earlier. I ran to catch up with her and almost tripped on my own feet.

"Woah. Careful there." She said and laughed at me.

"Well if it isn't my knight in shining armor. Or cashmere? Love the sweater by the way." I said and grinned at her.

"Why thank you."

"So, I didn't catch your name earlier." I stopped and rubbed the back of my neck; a nervous habit.

"Oh it's just Isabella." She replied.

I offered my hand to her and introduced my self, "pleasure to meet you just Isabella, my name is Peter Argent."

She took my hand and laughed, "Isabella Cavanaugh."

"I'll try to remember that. I'd better be going now, don't want to be late for my next class." I chuckled.

"And what time would that class be?"

"Uhh, three hours from now?"

"Well then I think you better run or you're going to be late." She said and laughed.

I laughed with her and turned to walk away, "I'll see you around Isabella."