Chapter 5 - Friends are important too

(a/n - there will be strong language throughout this chapter, it's just Peter, Peter swears.)
________________________________________

Peter's POV

I groaned and opened my eyes, the sun light was streaming through the curtains which lit up the room.

Why the fuck is it so fucking bright!?

My head was pounding, this must've been the worst hangover I've ever had. Why was my head so sore?
I ignored it and looked around the room, it looked familiar, i just couldn't remember why. I got up and realized that I only had my boxers on, I began to look for my clothes and I found them strewn around the floor of the room. I couldn't find my dress shirt so i just put my slacks on and was about to exit the room when i noticed a dress lying haphazardly in the corner of the room. A little red dress. Why does that dress look so fucking familiar?
That's when it all came flooding back to me, well some of it at least. I remember leaving the New Years party with Rain, we went to the rooftop of my company and sat there and talked until the clock struck twelve, we screamed 'happy New Years' of of the rooftop and i kissed her. We went to my private bar and got drunk as fuck, then it all got a bit hazy, i remember telling my chauffeur to drive us somewhere, Rain trailing kisses down my neck on the bed i woke up in, and that was it. I went to pick up the dress and leave it on the bed, I turned around still trying to comprehend what happened last night while walking to the door.

Rain's POV

I woke up early for the time that we slept this morning, I went to move out of the bed when i felt something stopping me, Peter had his arm wrapped around my waist, I hadn't even noticed it, I looked at Peter and he looked so peaceful, he was snoring softly and his hair was in his face. I brushed his hair out of his face and quietly slipped out from underneath his arm, I realized that the only thing I had on was my underwear and I have no clue where my dress is so i picked up Peters shirt from the bottom of the bed and buttoned a few buttons up and went to see if I can find something to make for breakfast. I walked down a staircase and after wandering around far a few minutes, I found the kitchen. I made coffee and started to make pancake batter while frying some bacon. I was making the pancakes while humming a song that I heard a while back, I took my phone and played the song loudly and soon i was dancing around the kitchen and making pancakes and bacon. I was halfway through making the pancakes when-

'-BANG!'

I turned the music down and listened,

"That must be Peter," I said and chuckled.

I carried on listening and I could hear him cursing, I couldn't figure out what he was saying but he was definitely swearing something or someone. I went upstairs to check and when I got there he was on the floor and he was still cursing.

Peter's POV

"Ahh fuck! What in the fuck?! Why in the fucking hell is there a wall here? What the fuck is it's purpose if not to hit people's heads?!" I swore as I rubbed my head and sat down. 
I literally just walked into the fucking wall. The wall.

"I'm so fucking stu-" I began but someone cut me off.

"Well good morning sunshine," She said and chuckled.

So that's where my shirt went.

"Good morning," I grumbled.

"Awww, did someone get a boo boo?" She said and laughed.

"What, no." I said and eyed her.

"Okay, whatever you say handsome, oh and breakfast is ready." She said and left down the stairs.

Where the fuck are we?

I thought as I followed the same path Rain went. I ended up in the kitchen and there she was swaying her hips to the music which was coming from her phone and flipping the last of the pancakes, and putting the food on the plate.

"Hey, uh do you know where we are?" I asked as I looked around, everything looked so familiar.

"Oh! I thought you knew where we are?" She said back.

I stood up, and left the kitchen and started to look around, this place looked familiar, too familiar. We appeared to be in-

"PETER ARGENT YOU SON OF A BITCH! WAS THE FIRST PLACE YOU THINK OF TO FUCK A GIRL AT WHEN YOU'RE DRUNK MY PENTHOUSE?! WHAT THE FUCK WERE YOU FUCKING THINKING WHEN YOU SHOWED UP AT MY DOOR AT FOUR IN THE MORNING HALF NAKED WITH RAIN LAURENT ON YOUR ARM?!" He screeched at me.

I looked at him and started laughing. So that's why this place is so familiar, it's Aidens penthouse.

"Not funny dude, you guys were so loud I had to leave my penthouse. Mine." He said and frowned.

I rolled my eyes and went back to the kitchen where Rain was waiting for me to eat breakfast with her.

"Sorry man, I was piss drunk, I can barely remember what happened. Rain, I think it's time for us to leave, see ya around Aid." I said and laughed.

Rain and I went upstairs and freshened up. It was time for us to talk.

"Look Rain, I'm the kind of guy who doesn't do relationships and dinner dates on an elected day or little gifts or surprises because why not, i like her. So what I'm saying is you are an amazing girl and I'm sure one day you'll find someone who is willing to give you the world or even more, but that guy isn't me and it will never be me. I hope you understand." I told her.

She appeared to be saddened by this but also had a look of understanding. I'm glad that she didn't start crying or screaming at me as most girls do.

"Peter, I knew when I said yes to leaving that boring party what I was getting into, you have a reputation of bedding girls and then just disappearing. I must admit that a part of me still hoped that we would be the start of something but even in the little time I've spent with you, you've treated me like a princess. I know that when you choose to settle down, that girl will be the luckiest girl in the world and I know that underneath that tough exterior, you're still sensitive and loving, even if you don't show it." She said and smiled.

"How do you?-" I began.

"You really don't remember last night, do you?" She said and giggled.

I gave her a confused look and she just shook her head.

"Good bye Peter Argent, I had the time of my life, with you." She said and leaned towards me.

Soon I felt her soft lips touch mine and she gave me a short but sweet kiss, she bit my lip and we separated from the kiss.

"Give me a call if you ever want to get a coffee or something, as friends of course." She said and laughed and she headed down the stairs.

"Goodbye Rain Laurent, I definitely will." I said and waved.

And in that moment in time, I just knew that this was going to be the start of an amazing friendship and that sometimes, people are worth more than what you give them credit for.

I smiled and shook my head.
I went to say goodbye to Aiden and I too left with a smile on my face.

________________________________________

"You can make more friends in two months by becoming interested in other people than you can in two years by trying to get other people interested in you."
Dale Carnegie

________________________________________

a/n - Merry Christmas you guys ! 💞🎄
• • •
i'm thinking of putting a quote that coincides with the theme of the chapter, at the end of every chapter! what do you think ?
don't forget to vote, comment and share!
- J x