He looked over at one of the tables towards the centre of the room. Annie and Lucas were sitting with a couple of their friends, Annie was talking to another girl who she was sitting next to, and Lucas was texting on his phone.

He heard Lucy sigh. 'I can practically see the gears moving in your mind. You should go ask her if she knows where Brody is. If you don't you might have a heart attack,' she joked.

Nate smiled. She motioned for him to go and so he did. Standing from his seat, he made his way around the tables that stood between them and walked towards Annie and Lucas's table.

Lucas was the first one to notice him when he reached the table, and he smiled up at his mentor.

'Hey guys,' Nate greeted the group.

Annie looked up at Nate with a surprised grin, 'Nate!' she exclaimed. 'I feel like I haven't seen you in forever, come sit with us!' she offered, her hand patting the seat next to her.

Nate took the spare seat between Annie and Lucas. The other young Alpha's at the table started a conversation amongst themselves.

'What brings you over to us?' Lucas asked casually, leaning back in his chair.  

'Yeah, everything okay?' Annie asked with genuine concern in her young voice.

'Everything's fine,' he assured them. 'I was just wondering if you guys know where Brody is? I know that he was helping you with your homework, but I haven't heard from him since he left to meet you.'

Annie looked confused, 'He did help me, but he left ages ago.'

'Where did he go?' Nate asked. What did ages ago mean? Where did Brody go after helping Annie out? He had assumed that Brody would have gone back to his own room if he had time before dinner, maybe that was where he had gone? But then he would have made it to dinner on time, so that didn't make sense.

'He said he was late to meet a friend, and I assumed that was you, but it mustn't have been,' she told him.

Nate wondered who it might have been that Brody would have been meeting up with. He knew that he and Kayden had become closer inexplicably, were Brody and Kayden together somewhere? Nate felt a stab of jealousy and he had to push down the Alpha part of himself for a few moments so that he could remind himself that his imagination was getting the best of him. He knew that they would never do that to him, he knew it with every part of himself, and once he remembered that the jealousy left his body.

'If he isn't with you, then where is he?' Lucas wondered, his eyes travelling around the cafeteria as if he figured that Nate had just not seen him.

'I don't know,' Nate admitted. 'I'll give Kayden a call, maybe he knows where Brody is.'

'Okay, but I wouldn't worry too much, he can't have gone too far. This is a closed camp after all,' Annie assured him.

Nate told them that he would see them soon and got up from the table, typing Kayden's number into his phone. He was just about to click the call button when his phone lit up for a different reason.

Kayden was calling him.

Nate answered the call in the first ring, pressing his cell up to his ear. 'Hello?' he answered.

'Nate, shits about to go down. Come to the back of the main building, quick,' Kayden told him in a rushed voice.

Nate was panicked now, 'Why? What's going on?' he asked hurriedly, but the call had gone dead, his friend must have hung up on him.

Nate shoved the phone into his back pocket and hastily crossed the distance between himself and the main door of the cafeteria. He was just about to cross the threshold when a figure inserted himself between Nate and the corridor.