"Yeah, sure. Theoretically." Mr. Clarke nods.

"Right, theoretically." Mike corrects.

"So, theoretically, how do we travel there?" Lucas asks, getting straight to the point.

"You guys have been thinking about Hugh-Everett's Many-worlds Interpretation, haven't you?" Mr. Clarke asks. We all share hesitant looks, "Well, basically, there are parallel universes. Just like our world, but just infinite versions of it. Which means there's a world out there where none of this tragic stuff ever happened."

"Yeah, that's not what we're talking about." Lucas states.

"Oh."

"We were thinking of more of an evil dimension, like the Vale of shadows," Dustin informs him, "You know the Vale of Shadows?"

"An echo of the Material Plane, where necrotic and shadow magic-" Mr. Clarke starts.

"Like a dark and creepy place." I intervene, pressing my lips together.

"Yeah, exactly," Mike agrees, "If that did exist, a place like the Vale of Shadows, how would we travel there?"

"Theoretically..." Lucas adds.

"Well..." Mr. Clarke picks up a paper plate, taking out his pen and drawing two parallel lines and a tiny stick figure, "Picture...an acrobat standing on a tight rope. Now, the tight rope is our dimension. And our dimension has rules. You can move forwards, or backwards," He draws two arrows on either side of the stick figure, facing away from it, "But, what if...right next to our acrobat, there is a flea," He goes onto drawing a small bug next to the figure, "Now the flea can also travel back and forth, just like the acrobat. Right?"

"Right." Mike nods.

"Here's where things get really interesting. The flea can also travel this way," He draws two arrows facing away from each other on the inside of the two lines, "along the inside of the rope. He can even go..." He draws an arrow pointing under the 'tight rope', "underneath the rope."

"Upside down." We all chorus.

"Exactly." Mr. Clarke confirms.

"But, we're not the flea, we're the acrobat." Mike points out.

"In this metaphor, yes, we're the acrobat." Mr. Clarke repeats.

"So, we can't go upside down?" Lucas asks.

"No." He sighs.

"There has to be a way for the acrobat to go underneath." I say, but it sounded more like a question.

"Well...you'd have to create a massive amount of energy," Mr. Clarke explains, "More than humans are currently capable of creating, mind you, to open up some kind of tear in time in space, and then..." He folds the plate in the middle, poking a hole in it with his pen, "You create a doorway."

"Like a gate?" Dustin questions.

"Sure. Like a gate," Mr. Clarke shrugs, "But again, this is all-"

"Theoretical." Lucas finishes with a nod.

"But-but what if this gate already existed?" Mike quizzes.