Her brown eyes wide, honest, she believes what she’s saying, “He’s a father for God sakes,” Gabriel just smiled. I didn’t understand.

Until I did. “Well in that case…” he looked at his watch before facing again, “six minutes… hopefully less… he may be alive but he certainly won’t be a father, nor will you be a mother,” I snapped my head to Gabriel, Logan just rested against the wall. Picture of ease.

“Oh god… oh god…. T-Tomas, what – what did you do?” Jewel asked exponentially panicked. “Nothing. Don’t listen to them,” he said not bating an eyelash. “They won’t hurt kids Jewel,” confident where he should have none. Gabriel cocked his gun, aimed, fired one shot to Tomas ankle, Jewel winced. Confused however.

I don’t know, I thought, I would be afraid. Logan told me what lengths Gabriel went to just to get his mate back.

“One more time, who is Lynda? Whom did you sell the children too?” he shouted, Tomas gave no sign of coming out with anything.

“Motherfuc – I didn’t sell any children! I don’t know what you’re talking about!” Tomas shouted right back, groaning in pain, blood gushing from his ankle, but it would heal.

“Well then… Jewel exactly one year and six months ago your husband bought you a tennis bracelet, diamond drop earring and matching necklace. You’re wearing the necklace and earrings; those items were paid with money he received for selling two children. He’d leave your home and head to a basement where he’d repeated sexually and physically abuse young children. Toddlers Jewel. You’re still human, but tell me, when he goes on longer trips do you ever get stomach cramps? Or a heated skin feeling that you would probably write off as a fever but its worse. Or maybe headaches that you and or your doctor have assumed were migraines?” I saw where this was going but Jewel sat dumbfounded.

“Yes… but I feel that because we are a – apart…” she whispered as Tomas was repeating over and over again that she shouldn’t listen to – she was his true mate? I thought this all over. Giving myself a headache.

“Now, Jewel… your husband doesn’t care about children so I’m going to harm one of his since he finds it easy to harm others. Unless he tells me where and who the fuck Lynda is… in the next,” he glanced at his watch again, “sixty seconds,” and behind me a screen turns on and I see sofas, a television mounted to the wall. Someone is pouring liquid from a red container. They turn and are climbing up the stairs still pouring, when the light catches the container and they begin to shriek, when the camera captures their five-year-old son fast asleep.

Yelling, shouting, pleading, Jewel really began to panic, becoming hysterical.

“Estelle Lynda Smith! Estelle! Don’t hurt my babies!” Tomas shrieked and that pissed me off to no fucking end. Was he fucking serious? Logan and Gabriel said nothing, the man with the red container stopped moving. Stilled completely as Jewel cried, “Oh god, Tomas – ho – how – how …” she couldn’t even finish. She turned pale, a sickly bland green color and threw up all over herself, partially on the ground.

The same screen came up with two new photos, “Which one?” Logan finally spoke. Not even glancing at the pictures behind him. Then we had a little problem.