17: Who's Orpheus?

Start from the beginning

"You're telling me..." I responded as we separated some more. "No one's doing anything. So, mind your own business." I growled annoyed.

"Ah KaSakura-chan, we're sorry really! We're just looking for Ichinose-kun!" Aruhi spoke up. I sweatdropped.

"He's not here yet." Otoya told her.

"Eh? B-But he told us to meet him here..." The shy, long-haired bluenette trailed off. I rolled my eyes at her puzzled demeanor. The first set of round two contestants walked by her to prep on the stage. Aruhi apologized after bumping into them. Suddenly a harsh cackle escaped Serena's mouth, "Eh? Serena-chan? What is it?"

"Sorry. I just find it funny how they claim to not be a couple, and yet are always found in such compromising positions. Strange isn't it?" I glared at the short-haired brunette.

"Most of the times they were caught were your fault, weren't they? Serena." Tsubasa also glared at her. "Leave them alone."

"But Tsubasa-kun! How can you continue to defend her over me!?" Serena suddenly cracked, "I'm tired of hearing that she's innocent! She's dating that redhead I just know it! It's obvious and she should be expelled!" She pointed dramatically. She really hates me, doesn't she?

I folded my arms with disgust, "You have some nerve accusing us of breaking the rules. Especially when you're doing it yourself!"

"Oh yeah?" Serena then smirked cynically. "And why do you think that, KaSakura-chan? Humor me."

I couldn't see what she was playing at, so I continued. The bite in my words was venomous, "You're dating Tsubasa, aren't you?" Tsubasa stiffened.

"W-Why would you think that, Senpai?"

I rolled my eyes, "It's true, isn't it? The reason for your secretive aura and all. This evil witch isn't even trying to pretend anymore, why are you? It's just us here remember?" Tsubasa grimaced with his head low.

Everyone expected a comeback from Serena. But she didn't give one. "Yup. I'm his girlfriend."

"HEH!?"

"What!?" Serena laughed manically.

"Serena-chan! You aren't supposed to be joking about something like that out loud!" Aruhi decided to chime in. Serena ignored her so-called best friend and continued to laugh.

"What do you to see in this, clearly despicable human being? She has no shame in proving that either! I just don't get it!"

"Me-chan, maybe you should slow down~" Otoya held my shoulder feeling my blood pressure on the rise. But I was too far gone. I shrugged him off.

I looked to Tsubasa, "How could you? Date this, b****?! After everything's she has done to us! And you call yourself our friend?!" I then paused, "Like how are you even still at this academy? I'm sure someone else's caught on to you two! You both should've been expelled by now, on the spot~"

"...I told you to disregard her didn't I, Melody?" His lack of the word "senpai" was a little chilling. I tightened my lips.

"Are you saying that she's lying then?"

"You don't know our circumstances." He immediately tells me. "Regardless of Serena's personality, there's a reason why we stay together. One that Shining Saotome is fully aware of, not that you need to know." Tsubasa turned his back to us, "If you can't find it in yourselves to accept me as a friend, flaws and all, then so be it. But stop trying to understand what you don't need to." He pulled away from Serena's grip. "Before the truth gets you hurt." He said under his breath, loud enough for me to catch it.