Chapter 34 - Peace

Start from the beginning

How did things go last night?
From Sora

Are you feeling better?
From Natsume-san

Oi, I'm coming home for the wedding.
From Fuuto

I gave them all short replies.

Things went both good and bad.

I'm feeling a lot better, thanks.

Oh. Sweet.

I shoved my phone into my pocket and went downstairs for breakfast.

Most of the family seemed to be eating later, and the few that were having breakfast now were eating at the table tiredly.

I brought up the wedding and everyone seemed to perk up a little. Wataru seemed to be the most excited about the wedding.

"Onee-chan, have you gotten your dress yet?"

I shook my head. Dad had told me Miwa wanted to pick out the dress for me. I was touched by her offer and couldn't turn it down. Hopefully I'd be getting the dress soon.

After we'd eaten, Wataru reminded me of that time I'd promised to play with him. So for the rest of the day, we played video games and ran around outside. It was nice having a little brother, especially one as adorable as this.

We were playing a game where I was a princess that was being hunted and Wataru was the knight protecting me. We hid behind a tree and Wataru scouted ahead, and called me over to a nearby bush. We crouched down and he took my hand.

"Don't worry, princess. I'll protect you, even if it costs me my life!" Wataru was acting all valiant and it actually startled me a little.

"I have faith in you, brave knight."

Wataru smiled at me then suddenly ran out onto the pavement, grabbing a stick on the way. He found imaginary enemies and shouted that they would never hurt his princess.

He put on such a great performance and was even acting like he was growing weary. He feigned being stabbed and staggered, thrusting his stick into the air in front of him, defeating the final boss. He then hobbled a few steps towards me and crumpled to the ground.

I immediately recognised what he wanted me to do and I ran up to him, supporting him with one arm and hold his hand with the other. I began sobbing.

"Wataru-san!"

He opened his eyes weakly. "Are you okay, Princess?" I nodded and he smiled.

"I'm relieved. That I could protect you... till the end," he closed his eyes slowly and I hugged him closer, sobbing loudly.

"Don't leave me all alone... Wataru-san..."

I heard clapping coming from somewhere and Wataru and I both snapped our heads in the direction of the sound. Masaomi was sitting on a park bench, applauding us. We both stood and bowed in his direction. Wataru then ran up to him, and I followed not far behind.

"Ne, how were we?~" Wataru asked Masaomi excitedly.

"You were both fantastic!" Masaomi said. He looked at Wataru then at me.

I was enjoying the praise, but at the same time, a little shy. I averted my gaze slightly. "Oh stop it, you."

Honestly, Wataru's performance was amazing. He'd been really into it.

After a few more minutes of praise, Wataru and I went inside for lunch. Straight after, we played some video games. He was quite a serious player, I'll tell you that much. Later, when night fell and everyone had come back home, they joined in on the games. It was a whole bunch of fun.

It was late and I went to go to sleep. I went to my room and changed into my pyjamas, deciding to take all my washing to the laundry. I deposited my clothes into the machine and went back down the hallway.

I decided to go down to the kitchen for a small drink. I saw Ema and Ukyo in there. I saw a flash of movement and a woman with orange hair was embracing Ema. As if somehow sensing my presence, she turned around, looked at me for a while, before embracing me too. When she pulled away, Ukyo explained to me that she was in fact a he, and he was one of our brothers, Hikaru.

I introduced myself, as did Ema. Hikaru held out a bag to each of us, saying they were gifts brought with love. Ema and I looked at each other excitedly. They're our dresses for the wedding!

We both rushed up to Ema's room and opened the boxes to look at our dresses. They were beautiful. Ema's had a nice pink colour with black lace. I knew she'd look beautiful in it. My dress was black and strapless. It came up to my knees and the skirt part of the dress was wonderfully frilly. I loved it.

Extra points for not giving us the same or matching dresses. I would have pitched a fit if she'd done that.

Our excitement only grew, and we awaited the wedding eagerly.

-------------------------------

Again, my deepest apologies for being unable to post last week. Kinda procrastinated A LOT and spend about 3 days doing some work that was due in very soon.

Please enjoy.

Comments, suggestions and requests are welcome!