Chapter 38: The Fate of The World

Start from the beginning

The moment when you stopped in the air, the swords broke apart and circled around you. With a single gesture, all the swords rained down upon Ardyn. He managed to avoid all of the swords by flipping around them and knocking them away. But once the last sword launched forward, you followed it. Ardyn saw you and tried blocking your attack, but as your blade slid across Ardyn's sword, you summoned the Engine Blade and slashed one of his horns off, then stabbed him in the stomach.

The two beings separated, Ifrit jumping back to avoid dying with Ardyn.

Ardyn: This... cannot be. How can I... lose...?

As the black blood ran down your blade, Ardyn looked up and smiled.

Ardyn: No... I know why. You are more powerful. You are worthy to be king.

Ardyn reached over and took off the ring from his finger. He grabbed your hand and placed the ring in your palm, closing your hand.

Ardyn: Make our lineage proud, Y/n.

He looked behind you, seeing Somnus walk up to him. Somnus then held out his hand.

Somnus: I am so sorry Ardyn. Bahamut and I only took precautions during a moment of crisis. I hope you can forgive me.

Ardyn: No. I... I understand. I thought that I could avoid conflict. And yet, here I am now, creating it.

Somnus: I forgive you, if you forgive me. Now come, she is waiting.

Ardyn hesitantly took his brother's hand, but when he did, a wave of light went over his body, as the darkness within him left. His hair losing its red color and turned brown, flowing straight down his back.

Ardyn: Area, I'm coming home.

The two faded in a flash of light. You then turn your attention to Ifrit, who was floating high in the air, a ball of fire that was only getting bigger being held above him. You gently floated up.

Ifrit: I don't need that miserable mortal. I will kill all of you myself!

The ball if fire reached to a gargantuan size. You pulled your arm back as the swords behind you split apart. Half of them staying behind you pointing outward while the other half came in front, pointing inward. They all began to spin around, a small ball appearing in the center.

Ifrit: NOW BURN IN THE FIRES OF HELL!!!

He threw the ball down, planning to incinerate everyone here and slowly burn the world. But you plunge your sword into the ball.

Y/n: Tera Flare!!!

A large laser was fired and collided with the fireball. Soon, the laser broke through, and the fire was snuffed out. Before Ifrit could react, the laser consumed him, and slowly, he was evaporated by the power of you and Bahamut. You floated down to the ground and as you touched the earth, your armor vanished, and you passed out.

~~~~~

You slowly came to. Not on the roads of Nifilheim, but in a hospital room. Looking over, you saw cards and balloons. You hear the door open, and look to see the girls enter.

Girls: Y/N YOU'RE AWAKE!

They ran over and hugged you. Through their tears, they explained everything. From your victory over Ifrit and Ardyn, the capture of Eggman, and the reconstruction of Inkopolis. From the amount of energy you used and the injuries you sustained during your fight, you were out for a few weeks.

The next day, you were released from the hospital and addressed your nation. All crimes had ceased as now the Crownsguard focused in the city with the Daemons and Fiends vanishing. With the efforts of Insomnia, citizens of Inkopolis, and even the gods, most of Inkopolis was repaired.

You closed the door to your room after giving your speech.

Y/n: Man I'm beat.

Desti: Well I hope you have some energy left, you still have some things to do today.

The sudden sound of Desti's voice scared you, causing her to laugh. You just smile and sit next to her.

Y/n: Yeah yeah. Laugh it up.

Desti: I'm sorry. But I'm serious, you have quite a bit to do today.

Y/n: Like what?

You were gently pushed down onto the bed, Desti getting on top of you.

Desti: Well, first things first, I have to fulfill a promise I made.

Y/n: And what was that?

Desti: That I'd take really good care of you. Now, remember I'm the one on top this time~