Chapter 16: The Regalia

You and your lovers were on a small shopping spree. Your original plan was to go and get a car, after almost breaking your back bringing home groceries a few nights ago. Saiko wanted to come along to buy a new guitar, as she had smashed hers in a fit of rage after the whole camping trip fiasco. Tari wanted to get a new game that was advertised, of course. Meggy and Desti just came along, not really wanting anything.

After exiting the game store, with Tari holding the case close, thankfully no entitled parents got in your way this time, the next stop was to get Saiko her new guitar. Along the way, people around every corner congratulated you, and thanked you for saving the city from Eggman. You were getting kinda sick of it though as it happened weeks ago. But you guess it was normal as half the city still held a grudge against SMG4 from when he first arrived and started all his chaos. On your way, you weren't looking were you were going and had bumped into someone.

Y/n: Forgive me, I wasn't looking where I was going.

???: You're fine my dear boy, that makes two of us.

When he looked over at you, he leaned in slightly taking a closer look at you.

Y/n: Uhh, is something wrong?

???: No, you just look familiar, have we met somewhere before?

Y/n: I don't believe so. My name is Y/n Lucis Caelum.

???: Y/n hmm? I once was going to have a son named Y/n, but my wife left me for another man. Well, I'm sure you don't want to hear that story. Anyway, my name is Ardyn Izunia. Well, I must be off, it was nice meeting you.

After giving a bow, the man known as Ardyn walked off.

Meggy: Wow, that guy gives me the creeps.

Saiko: Same. What about you Y/n?

Y/n: I don't really know. He just seems like some creepy old dude to me. Well, let's go.

You continued on your way. While you didn't say anything, Ardyn did seem familiar. Maybe you passed by him at some point in your travels? Probably. And what was with that comment about him having a son he was going to name Y/n? While it was weird, you decided to just forget about it. After all, you've heard stranger things. Plenty of weird rumors and ghost stories go around the world, and you've heard them all.

Saiko went into the instrument store. You and the others decided to wait outside. After taking a look inside the store and seeing Saiko try out the different guitars, Desti went over to the nearest shop and got everyone some drinks and snacks. After going against Meggy in a contest to see who could drink a soda faster, which you won and crushed the can against your head, causing slight pain and laughter from the others, Saiko finally came out with her new guitar. She grew concerned at your pained expression.

Saiko: What happened here?

Desti: Y/n and Meggy challenged each other to see who could drink a soda faster.

Y/n: And after I won I crushed the can with my head.

Saiko looked at you with a "really" look.

Saiko: Wow, I bet that ended well.

Tari: It didn't.

Y/n: My head hurts now.

Saiko: Well that's what you get for doing something stupid!

Y/n: Don't judge me and my attempts of humor and entertainment.

Saiko: Well, your attempts at humor and entertainment are stupid.

Y/n: And that's why you love me.

Saiko: Yeah, I guess.

She walked up and kissed the spot you were holding. Afterwards, you headed towards the car dealership. After walking around the lot, a single car caught your eye. A sleek black car with a sign in front of it dubbed, "The Regalia Mk. II" You took a so much interest in it that a man walked up to you. Taking a look at his name tag, you noticed his name was Lorenzo, and he was the manager.

Lorenzo: I see you have taken interest in this car I see.

Y/n: I have, my name is-

Lorenzo: Oh, I already know who you are your highness. It is an honor to have the prince himself looking to buy a car from my lot. My name is Lorenzo Cid.

Y/n: Well, I guess with introductions out of the way, let's get straight to the point. Is this car for sale?

Lorenzo: Originally no. But I have a good feeling about you. You see, my ancestor, Cid Sophiar, was once a Kingsglaive for Noctis's father. After that he made a his living taking care of cars, and built Regis's car, who passed it on to Noctis. He named it the Regalia and it was his greatest work. So I believe it would be fitting that I give my masterpiece to the current Lucian King.

Y/n: Alright, thanks. Well, how much?

Lorenzo: Free, my boy. Just remember to bring it in once every month for a tune up and to check on it. Remember, don't scratch it, or you will work for the repairs.

After agreeing to the requests and the consequences, you hopped into the Regalia and drove it to the entrance, surprising the girls. They hopped in, Saiko taking the front seat, while the others piled up in the back. Before you drove off, Lorenzo knocked on the window. You rolled it down.

Lorenzo: This car has some cool features. Built in GPS, Powerful headlights in case you need to go for a late night drive and need to keep the daemons away, and a little something else.

He reached in and flipped a switch, causing the roof to be pulled back, meaning the car was also a convertible.

Y/n: Thanks Lorenzo, this means a lot.

Lorenzo: No worries your highness. Just remember our deal, alright?

Y/n: Of course.

After that, you drove off back to the castle.

Meggy: Deal?

Y/n: Yeah. I have to see him once a month to check on the car. And if I damage it I have to work for him to pay for the damages.

After a short drive, you pulled up to the castle. Everyone ran out to admire your new car. Suddenly, you started feeling light-headed as a voice, the same voice that called out your name while fighting the Marilith.

???: Y/n, it is time we talk.

And with that, you passed out.