His vision blurred and voices filled the space around him, "We gave him a sedative, he's thrashing around too much!" A foreign voice yelled and he felt pressure on his arms and legs, "Boy, calm down!"

No. No. No. No. No.

The world around him started spinning around, causing him to feel nauseous.

And then it was lights out.

_

Screams were all that he heard.

His head hurt. His ears bled.

It felt like his mind was breaking.

Piece by piece, everything fell apart.

Second by second, everything went wrong.

Screams were all that he heard.

His throat hurt and his lips slipped shut.

The screams were replaced by deafening silence.

_

His eyes slid open and all that he could see was white, white, white. No other colour was present. The ceiling, the walls, the windows. Every damn thing was the same.

Everything was white.

The stinging in his eyes began and everything else followed suit. He didn't bite his lips to stifle his sobs. He didn't close his eyes to stop his tears. He let everything out. The drops slid down his cheeks and into his ears, but he paid it no mind. Gasps filled the empty room, followed by his quiet wails.

"I'm sorry..." he sobbed out, "I'm so sorry!"

His voice resounded through the space around him and he just let himself go. His sobs turned into full-blown wails. His wails turned into screams. He screamed until nurses flooded his room.

He screamed and screamed and screamed.

The pain he felt. The self-disappointment he felt.

He screamed until pain flared in his arm.

He screamed until everything started spinning.

He screamed until the world went dark.

_

The next time he woke up, he was met with a dark room.

For some reason, he felt warmth in his hand. Carefully, he turned to the side and noticed that he wasn't alone this time. Dark hair was spread across his covers as the boy besides him slept.

Hikaru...

As if he said his name out loud, the said boy slowly raised his head and Aizen quickly closed his eyes. There was no way he could bear to look him in the eye after everything that happened.

He was the one who lost their teammate... How was he supposed to look at him?

There was silence for a few minutes, before it was broken, "You're still not awake, eh?" His voice was quiet, "I was hoping you would be when I awoke... At least then I could be sure that you were fine." The pressure on his hand increased, but not enough for it to be painful.

Once again, it was silence.

"I'm so sorry," Hikaru whispered, "If only I had come sooner... none of this would have happened," something wet slid across Aizen's hand, "I was too late... I failed you... I failed Hanae."

No. There was no need for Hikaru to blame himself for that. Everything, all of it, was Aizen's fault.

Opening his eyes, he glanced at Hikaru. The boy had his head lowered, translucent drops sliding down his cheeks and onto their intertwined hands, "What are... you saying?" He asked, ignoring how rough his words sounded.