Chapter 26: The cat and the bull

Start from the beginning

"It's ok. Catch your breath for a second" assured Yang. "I can hold him off."

Blake once again fell on her knees. "Adam, he...his sword is enchanted. Don't let him cut you or your magic won't work."

Yang nodded falling into a well-practiced stance. Adam on his part looked between the two partners with his eyes narrowed. A low growl left his throat as he too readied to attack. "Fine then" Adam said, furry echoing in every word. "Before coming for you, I'll make sure to kill everyone you love. Starting with HER!!"

With that, he lunched forward, but his sword was blocked by Yang's gauntlet. Their fight went for a while longer. They both dancing around each other, blocking or dodging each other's attacks. But eventually, Adam was able to maneuver passed Yang's guard and was about to slice her head when a sword blocked the attack.

Blake stood beside her partner, sword drawn and ready to fight. "I'm sorry Adam," she said. "I'm sorry that this has to end this way. But I'm not going to stand around and let you hurt my family!"

And so, they ran at each other again (something similar to RWBY volume 6 where Blake and Yang tag teamed Adam. I'm too lazy to type it all, sorry.). Though, again without a satisfying result. Adam blocked Yang's flaming fist with his sword, nullifying her magic, and stopped Blake's slash with his sheath. He then kicked Yang in the gut, making her stumble a few steps back. Blake's attention was momentary turned to her partner. That was long enough for Adam who stabbed her. Her cry of pain echoed in Yang's ears as she watched the black-haired fall to her knees when Adam took his blade out.

"YOU MONSTER!!" roared the blond, launching herself at Adam in a fit of rage.

The men merely smirked and sidestepped, bringing down his sword. It went through flesh and bone a little too easily, cutting Yang's right arm a bit lower from her shoulder. She stumbled foreword, legs giving out from under her. Yang couldn't feel anything, couldn't hear, couldn't see as well since black spots covered her vision. One thing though she saw as clear as day. Adam picked Blake up by her neck and held over the edge of the wall. Red-haired said something. He smirked in satisfaction when Blake's eyes widen in shock and guilt. And then.......he let her go. Let her fall from that height, right to her inevitable death.

"No..." Yang said weekly, not wanting to believe in what she just saw. "NO!"

Her vision turned red, rage filling her like her magic usually did. She felt a lot warmer. No. She was on fire. Literary. An inhuman roar tore through the battlefield. Everyone, even grimm froze for a second.

"What the hell?" whispered Adam to himself watching golden scales appear on Yang's body and eyes glow red. Her body glowed and then started to transform. A few seconds later, instead of the blond stood a mighty dragon, fangs bared in a vicious snarl. She lunged at Adam without a second thought swiping her paw in order to cut him in half.

Acting quick Adam brought up his sword to block the incoming attack. But the enchanted metal gave in under the dragon's pressure and broke. That left him wide open and Yang's claws cut him clean in half.

With Blake before she was thrown off the wall:

Yang fell before her, blood purring from her arm. "Yang!!!" Blake screamed but it came out more like a choked sob

Adam walked to the cat shifter slowly. He bent down and despite her best efforts to struggle, still picked her up by her throat. "My dear Blake" he said while walking to the edge of the wall, "I hope that Rose's Thorn will escort you to the deepest pits of hell."

Blake's eyes widened, memories of those lifeless grey eyes of the woman coming back to her. She tried to claw her way out of Adam's grip but he held firm. "Goodbye Blake," he said and let go.