Chapter 12

Azaria ran to the nearest town. She was exausted from running and crying. All she needed was a place to settle down for the night.

She picked an old apartment building on a street corner. Azaria kicked the door open and immediately flopped down in a corner on the cold, hard floor.

She was transported to sleep in no time, despite the conditions she was in.

***

Azaria woke the next morning to sunlight streaming in the dirty, cracked windows. For a second she was fooled into thinking she was at home, in the bunker, waking to the smell of bacon and eggs for breakfast.

She closed her eyes and took a deep breath, savoring the non-existent smell lingering in her nostrils. It was like a cruel joke.

Azaria's head was throbbing. She needed something to clear the headache.

She stood up and went to a sink in the corner. Azaria didn't expect anything, but she turned the knob anyway. To her surprise, water came out. Cold, refreshing water.

Azaria put her hands under the stream and let the water run over them. She splashed some on her face, cooling it, and soothing her headache ever so slightly.

Azaria let the water run as she gripped the sides of the sink. She looked at her reflection in the grimy, dirty mirror.

And she smiled.

There was a long, straight blade on the corner of the sink.

Azaria's eye twitched slightly and it was like something over took her. She reached for the blade.

Her skin met the cold metal. She held it up, next to her face. She continued to smile at the dirty reflection.

And with that, she began to carve.

Blood dripped into the sink, mixing with the water, staining the sink red.

When Azaria finished, she smiled at her reflection and reveled in her masterpiece.

***

Sam woke to a cool feeling on his forehead. He reached up and felt a damp washcloth.

He was on the couch in the bunker. Dean was sitting on the table in front of the couch, wringing out another washcloth in a bowl of water in front of him.

Dean turned back to Sam. He took the washcloth from Sam's hand and put it in the bowl of water. "Good, you're awake." Dean's voice was steely and hard. He wasn't smiling either. Just a hard line was on his face.

"Where's Azaria?" Sam looked around for her, but to no avail.

"She's gone." Dean said it simply like he was saying the sky was blue.

"Where did she go?"

"Don't know, don't care."

Sam furrowed his brow. "What?"

"I told her to leave. She did this to you, Sammy. For all I know you could have been dead." Dean had be worried and he admitted it.

"But I'm not, Dean. I'm fine. You shouldn't have done that." Sam stood up and grabbed his jacket that was hanging on the coat rack.

"Where do you think you're going?" Dean stood also, and crossed his arms.

"I'm going to find her."

"Not by yourself you're not. She almost killed you." Dean's voice was getting louder.

"But she didn't. I'm going to find her and if you don't like it, too bad. You'll have to stop me."

There was a silent stare off. Dean finally gave in. He sighed and grabbed his jacket too. "I won't let you go by yourself." He grabbed the keys to the Impala, "Let's go."

Sam smiled to himself as Dean pushed past him to the door. He kept grinning as he followed Dean out to the car.

------------

Sorry for the crappy beginning. I haven't updated and I needed to. Thanks to all who are reading! I will try to update a little more often but I can't promise anything. But I'll try!

The Angel's Daughter (A Supernatural fanfic)जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें