Chapter 7

"10 months?! And you didn't try to get me back or anything?!" Azaria was now fuming. How could Sam and Dean do that? They should have had her back in only a month. Cas should have helped too.

"Where's Cas?"

Dean shrugged. "He hasn't answered in a while. He got into drinking. Gabriel stopped answering completely. Balthazar's being a dick about it all."

Azaria scoffed. "Figures. None of them know how to deal with things rationally."

"Deal with it rationally? How did you want us to deal with it?! You were dead, Azaria. As far as we knew there was no way to get you back!" Sam almost never yelled. He was normally the calm one.

Dean held his brother back. "We just didn't know what to do. That's all."

"Didn't know what to do?! Call Cas, Crowley, anyone! Read lore books to find out how to get me back! What else were you supposed to do?!" Azaria almost couldn't hold back her anger.

Dean was now starting to get angry too. "We tried with Crowley. There was nothing he could do. Cas was so drunk half of the time he could barely stand! We have read almost every book in this place and none have anything on angels. We tried everything but apparently that's not enough for you!"

Azaria felt that Dean was telling the truth and wanted to be mad but couldn't. Instead she got up and went outside. She just needed to clear her head.

Once she was outside she put her head down and prayed to Cas. "Castiel, it's me, Azaria. I'm back, I'm with Sam and Dean and I need some answers. I really just need to talk. So can you please answer? Just once?"

Almost as soon as she finished praying there was the flapping of wings. Cas was standing with his head tilted, squinting slightly.

"Azaria." He pulled her into a long hug. He looked so happy to see her. He didn't even seem shocked by her appearance. Didn't comment or bat an eye.

"Cas, Dean told me you started drinking."

Cas sighed. "Yes. I did. Not long after you died in fact."

"Don't do that Cas. You of all people should have known I was coming back."

"I wasn't really sure to be honest. I thought you were really dead."

Azaria almost laughed. "You've died and come back so many times. Why can't I?"

Cas just gave her a side smile where only a corner of his lip turned up. "I'm just glad you're back."

She nodded. "I'm glad I'm back too. But I'm not too sure about the look."

Now Cas noticed what she looked like. He squinted more and looked confused as he looked her up and down. "You are different."

"How did you not notice? I'm wearing all black and have piercings I never had before."

Cas gave a simple response. "I was looking at your soul. Your grace. Your soul is different but not too much."

Azaria was actually worried by this. Could people's souls, or even grace, change? Didn't souls stay the same? "What do you mean my soul is different?"

"It's different. It's almost.." he concentrated for a second,"..broken. And darker."

-------

I haven't updated in a while and I'm sorry. School and different things. I hope you all liked this one. Let me know what you think!