Chp.5

Hey guys! Just to warn you AGAIN, none of this happened. Things may get a little dramatic and not match up to the events they are based off of in real life, but that's kind of the point. It's fanfiction! None of this is supposed to be real! So it should go without saying that I can do whatever the fuck I want with the characters. Thanks for reading and understanding! By the way, this message just means that the events will not match up to events in real life perfectly. This is not a full AU, only a partial, AND IN NO WAY WILL THERE BE MAGIC AND RIDICULOUS THINGS LIKE THAT. With that in mind, here is the story!

==============================================================================

A month later, with innocence long forgotten, we had started a band. We called ourselves My Chemical Romance. Mikey came up with it. He "spotted" it in an Irvine Welsh book, Ecstasy: The Three Tales of Chemical Romance. He claimed the name just "jumped" out at him. Whatever his motives were, the name made perfect sense to me. I was taking a lot of pills then, not quite at the point of addiction, but to where it led to other drug usage. So, yes, I suppose it eventually did turn into addiction.

The bands original line up was Mikey (bass), a young boy by the name of Frank Iero (rhythm guitar), an old friend of Mikey's named Ray Toro (lead guitar), and an old high school friend by the name of Matt Pelissier (drums). Soon after we left the basement and hit the world, fame became our goal.

The extremely underground Eyeball Records produced our first record. The tales of love, lust, life, death, trust, suicide, and the star-crossed. I Brought You My Bullets, You Brought Me Your Love. Our first single, "Skylines and Turnstiles," was one of our more radio popular songs. Of course, that is why it is called a single. I wrote the song on the day of 9/12. Contradictory to popular belief, the song was not written about the Twin Towers. Instead, I wrote it about the night my life began, a night that would never end, between two star-crosses lovers. Two star-crossed brothers....

I had quit my job at the Cartoon Network. I had thought, 'why work for giant, money-grubbing corporations when I can just chill in a band with my friends? With my brother?' It's not like it made a difference, anyways. My workplace was destroyed. It wasn't like they were going to rebuild the Towers. That'd be ridiculous.

As we began touring 'round the U.S., I began taking more pills. Xanax, for the most part, mixed with "other" over-the-counter products. We all began to change. Frankie, the cute young boy (not even two months younger than Mikey, but still) had become less chivalrous and more sex driven...for me. Matt would act as if he was hiding something. Ray had become more agitated. Mikey, poor dearest Mikey, had become a "heavy drinker." Now, I had, and still have, no room to talk. I, myself, was an alcoholic. Mikey, however not yet an alcoholic, was leading himself into a dark path. He had always been a light-weight when it came to alcohol, so you can imagine my distress when he went "dark."

That is what we called it, "going dark." We had coined the phrase from another Irvine Welsh book, Trainspotting. Only, as far as we knew, it wasn't shooting up that made Mikey "go dark." We all assumed it was the alcohol.

Watching and praying were the only things we could do when this happened. We knew it was better for the band that way. You see, Mikey began drinking due to the fact that he was petrified on stage. Going dark was really the only way for him to get over his stage fright.

I felt horrible. It was my fault. I did that to him. It didn't really sink in, however, until it got to the point where I could watch him down seven beers in only five minutes. I was watching my brother kill himself, and I liked it. He became less innocent, less questioning, and more...dark minded.

He had become demanding. Always getting what he wanted when he wanted it. For the most part, he wanted me. I did not care that it was wrong, because in many ways, it was right. Why shouldn't two people who are in love be together? In what way is that wrong? It was not wrong that we were two men. It was not wrong that we were family, let alone brothers. And it was, sure as Hell, NOT wrong that our band mates, our friends, and our family covered us up by sacrificing themselves to more inappropriate doing! Even if it was wrong, that did not matter! All that mattered was that I was happy! Sadly, in 2005, I realized that he felt the same about his own happiness.

I found this out when we (the band) went to Warped Tour '05, with the newly famous Fall Out Boy. I had noticed that the bassist, Pete Wentz, had become close to Mikey. Too close. I was no longer the only man in Mikey's life, but then again, I never really was. I had finally became the only thing in his life, even getting rid of Matt because of their closeness, and now I had new competition. Even worse, my competition was a bassist, someone Mikey could reach common ground with. Then again, Pete shared nothing with the real Mikey. Only the new one. The drunk, sloppy, cold, rude, horrible, tasteless asshole I had created. The drunk, sloppy, cold, rude, horrible, tasteless asshole that I wanted.

It was funny. I never really confronted him about Pete. I just could tell. I also could tell that any love they had for one another was doomed to the tombstones as long as I was alive. So, I got high with Frank.

It was with Frank I realized Mikey's relationship was my fault. He noticed I was hungover one day, and it led to the conversation that brought my sudden realization.

"Hey, man!" He wore baggy cargo pants, a rare sight for Frank Iero to be seen in. "You know the perfect cure for a hangover?"

The question bothered me. There could be many answers. "No, what?"

"WEED!" He yelled at the top of his lungs. The kid was always as high as a kite, back in the day.

"I'm not really in the mood, Frankie. I'm sorry."

"No problem, man. Mikey got you down again?"

"Nah and yeah," I said, leaning my head on his shoulder, "it's that fuckin' Pete character."

Frankie looked at me, almost sad. "I hate to say this, but I think Karma made you her bitch."

I was off thrown by the sentence. "What the fuck does that mean!?"

"This is revenge for betraying Mikey with Bert."

That is when it all came crashing down on me.

It all truley started in 2003 when I met Bert McCraken.

When our first tour with The Used began.