Scared? Nah. Well, Maybe A Little

AN: Hi! So, thanksgiving weekend is over. Boo hoo. But here's one last chapter before school takes over our lives again.
Have fun, and happy holiday kickoff has begun!

Ananya POV
I'm really not looking forward to this whole fear simulation thing. I mean, we went through Tris's last week, and dang! Six fears? Practically unheard of. And Four? That's insane. He only has four fears? I wish I had only a few. Probably, I have along the lines of 10-15. But I guess it will be alright. But I'm just afraid my secret will be out...

Brianne POV
After talking things over with Ryker, I'm feeling better but not much. I just want to keep my fears to myself, and I hate that someone has to see my fears for me to be Dauntless. I mean, with the amount of fears I have, I'd need to get in and out of each one fast. And that's just the beginning of my problems...

Tris's POV (morning of first simulations)
Well, this'll be an interesting group of simulations. I mean, our initiates this year are so interesting, it'll be odd to see what they're afraid of. I mean, they truly act Dauntless, so it'll be interesting to get a peek in their heads.

First up is Caylee. She looks a little pale, but puts on a brave grin for Tobias and I as we hook her up. We decided to explain it all ahead of time this year to save time, but that doesn't help with the nerves. I look her in her blue-grey eyes, darker than mine, and say "Be brave." And she's under.

She's facing a mirror and sees a version of herself, prettier, happier, and with a boyfriend. She smiles at her reflection, but her reflection sneers at her. It cackles, beautiful, yet terrible, and points at her laughing. She steps back, a tear running down her face, terrified at what she's seeing. She sits down, hard, curls into a ball, all the while hearing the cackling, and appears to be breathing deeply. So she fears turning into something terrible. It takes her a good 10 minutes to come out. When she wakes up, shuddering, I simply pat her on the shoulder sympathetically and help her to the door.

Next is Ananya. She comes in, laughing from a joke someone's told her but still breathing fast. She looks at me, and attempts to smile, which comes out as a grimace. I hook her up, tell her the same thing I told Caylee, and watch her go under. She wakes up to find herself surrounded by family and friends. People she loves deeply. I can see two people who must be her parents and a younger brother facing her. I also see her friends here, and a few she must have left behind.

And, I see... Tobias and I. She cares about us? She's dressed completely Dauntless, with a black tank top and black cargo pants, with her tattoos. As the simulation continues, I see ropes fly around people and drag them back as they scream at Ananya for her to save them. She's crying, trying to free the people even as they're pulled back into the darkness. Her brother is the only one left by now, and he's struggling against the ropes but losing ground. She grabs the ropes, looks at her hand, and ... cuts the rope with her finger?! She's divergent! She has to be!

When she comes up, Tobias is already hard at work changing the results. I grab her by the arm, and escort her to the door. Luckily there aren't cameras here, and I whisper harshly in her ear, "Your time was 3 minutes. Meet me at the bridge crossing the Chasm at 10 tonight." She looks at me, confused, and nods, heading back to the dorms. We've decided, Uriah, Christina, Tobias and I that any divergent will be told at a safe location. And the water's too loud for any cameras to pick up conversation.

Next is Pete. He walks in boldly, sits down, and waits. He seems unafraid. I guess we'll find out. He goes under and wakes up in a room full of people. They seem to be arguing on an issue and every time Pete tries to say something, he finds a gag in his mouth. He pulls it out only to find it reappearing. He finally grabs it, and keeps it in his hand, and with his other hand, he pulls out a lighter and burns it. Wait, he's divergent too? What? Why do we have so many?

I tell him the same thing, along with his time (5 minutes) and walk back to the table where Tobias is sitting. He wraps me in his arms, and feels me trembling. He whispers, "They'll be alright. We'll help the, make it through. We won't lose anyone, I promise. Even if we have to take on Dauntless ourselves." I turn around, teary eyed, and give him a long lingering kiss. I so desperately want to continue this but now is not the time.

We go through the rest of the initiates, and finally, only Brianne is left. She sits down, grim-faced but determined. As she goes under, I hear her whisper, "And so it goes."

She wakes up in a room with a boy next to her, who looks like...no, is Ryker! They're talking and all of a sudden, Ryker gets up, walks to the door, turns around and says, "What would I want with a girl like you?" And walks out. Brianne just collapses to the ground, sobbing, and huddled up. She sits up after 4 minutes, flicks her hand and waits. All of a sudden, Ryker bursts back in, sobbing, choking out that he's sorry he left her and that it was the worst mistake he ever made, until Brianne cuts him and the simulation off with a kiss. Seriously. Three divergent. Why don't Tobias and I ever get a break?

AN: So, hope you liked that. The plot thickens and will continue to thicken. Next chapter, I will be posting a full list of whoever has commented on this fanfiction. Don't worry voters, I do love you, but many of you are repeats (People who have commented and voted) so if you voted, you have my gratitude as well. Ciao darlings! (That was taken from another friend of mine)