Chapter Eleven: New Orleans' Radio Host

Start from the beginning

"I have money, James. I just don't pull it all out to spend. You have to be cautious about that especially nowadays with people robbing others and killing them just to have some money." He chuckled.

"Oh. You got a point there." James agreed.

"I know, I'm always quite sharp." He joked before letting out a small laugh.

"Oh no." He chuckled, shaking his head. "Anyways, thanks again for the job. Even though I said I would do this radio stuff for free."

"Oh, please don't mention it. I have to pay my technician something after my last guy was sadly murdered and without you, I wouldn't be able to do this radio stuff I enjoy very much doing." He smiled.

"Gee, thanks. I owe you big time." James smiled.

"Your services are payment enough." He smiled, putting on his coat.

"Hey, Alastor. Not to be nosey or anything but you've been single since the day you were born. Don't you ever plan on settling down or at least having fun with someone?" He asked. "You have a ton of admirers so it shouldn't be too hard to find someone and besides, everyone needs some love in their life. Whether it's just for a night or for a month."

"See you tomorrow, James." He said, ignoring his question before walking out of the room and out of the building. Alastor walked down the streets, humming to himself before overhearing people talking about some new girl in town, not from around here.

"She's the most gorgeous girl I've ever seen." One whispered.

"She's a blonde too! Perfect figure, perfect smile and a face that could've been carved by the angels themselves." Another added.

"I hear she comes from a family that's loaded despite the crash." A man whispered.

"She is one perfect girl alright." Another whispered.

What in the world are they blabbering on about? No girl can be that beautiful to fuss over. He thought to himself. Love. Pfft. James is absolutely insane. Love is such a silly thing. Though I must admit that being the object of one's affections is quite flattering. However, they are in love all on their own I'm afraid. I have not once been in love. He chuckled to himself. "No one has ever caught my eye." He said to himself before hearing a cry for help that made him stop in his tracks. "Is no one going to help?" He asked, looking around.

People around just carried on like nothing was going on. After the crash, a lot of people have been getting attacked and robbed, so people started to mind their own business and not care as much, especially since the police started to prioritize other crimes over robberies.

Alastor was trying to do the same but the cry for help wouldn't stop so he followed the cries and walked behind a cafe into an alley before he froze when he saw the most stunning girl he's ever seen in his entire life. She was an absolute angel, her short golden locks framed her face perfectly, her eyes shined with life and innocence, her lips naturally plump, and her face overall was the purest and most gorgeous face Alastor has ever seen. She was wearing a black long puffy sleeve top that had a square neckline that had a pink belt around her tiny waist, a pink skirt that went down below her knees and showed a black skirt underneath, black heels, black leather gloves, and she wore a pink hat with a black bow.

"No, please. That's all I have. Please, leave me alone." The girl cried out in fear while a tall man cornered her.

"That's all you have? No, that's not all you have." The man grinned. "You have so much more to offer~" He said seductively, caressing her arm which caused her to flinch before her eyes widened at the realization of what he meant.