Chapter Eleven: New Orleans' Radio Host

Start from the beginning

"I guess now the princess will be surrounded by your presence and you'll be all she thinks about." Rosie smiled.

"I suppose." He sighed. "This is going to be the lowest thing I've done and the most dreadful thing I'll have to go through." He rolled his eyes, rubbing his temple with a small smile on his face.

"Oh come now, it won't be that bad. And it won't be for long. In case you haven't noticed, our princess is quite naive and easy to manipulate. You two will probably end up married once this month is over." She chuckled.

"Hopefully, that would be easier for me and I won't have to keep playing along."

"It'll be the easiest thing you've ever done." She assured him. "Now come along, the others must be waiting in the dining room by now." She said before walking out of the ballroom.

"Very well then." He smiled, walking out after her. His static messed up when he walked by a room so he tried to adjust his frequency through his monocle which was like the dial to a radio.

~Flashback to 1931, New Orleans~

Static sounds filled the radio before it went clear as a man corrected the dial before signaling the radio host who was in the recording booth that he was clear to go.

"Goodmorning, New Orleans! This is your favorite and most dapper radio host, Alastor!" He said with full excitement. "Today marks the anniversary to the Stock Market Crash of 1929." He laughed. "And I know it's been hard these past two years but I'm not going anywhere and will fill your poor hearts with rich music to brighten each day until we get out of this depression. But first, authorities have informed me that there have been two more killings last night and the killer has still not been identified but due to a recent discovery of a pattern they have seen within the murders we're all safe for a month until the New Orleans's maniac strikes again." He smiled. "In other news, my monthly lottery is tomorrow so if you haven't purchased your ticket you better do so now. One lucky winner will spend the day with me and have dinner prepared as well as pick the song of the day. Due to a lack of entries last month, we've decreased the price of the tickets so anyone that can may enter. Now for some Jazz tunes." He said softly before playing a classic jazz song from New Orleans. After a few hours of being on the radio, Alastor ended his time on the air with the last song. "This is your favorite radio host signing off. Good luck to those who have entered the lottery and I'll talk to you lovely folks tomorrow, goodnight." He smiled before he sighed and got up, walking out of the recording room and over to the technician. "How many tickets were bought, my good friend?"

"One." The technician sighed. "They paid full price for it though."

Alastor sighed heavily, pinching the bridge of his nose. "At least it's something." He said softly.

He was very normal-looking before he was the Radio Demon, he had brown short hair, brown eyes, glasses, and wore a classic suit like every man in New Orleans wore. The only thing that hadn't changed was his smile and slim tall figure. He was a famous radio host and due to the circumstances, the last one left besides the one the police used. He was also one of the few richest individuals in New Orleans left.

"Alastor, I told you last month should've been the last lottery we do in a while until things get better. At least last month we had more entries."

"I know, James. But this is the thing the people need to smile, I'm tired of seeing frowns and depressed people everywhere I look. It makes me sad and I hate the idea of frowning."

"But we're running low on money."

"Nonsense, I have more money to spare." He smiled.

"What money? We had only ten dollars just yesterday."