Chapter 1

~One year later~
     It's been a year since Dallas has left New York and ran away to God knows where. I haven't been myself since he left I've been more sarcastic and people find it funny so I go along with it. I haven't committed any crimes since he left. I'll only do small crimes with him. He does crimes anyway.
     Me and Simone are walking back from school. I got a bad feeling that something had happened.
      "I have a bad feeling that something wrong has happened" I said truthfully. Simone rolled her eyes but she knew most of my gut feelings were right. We always joke that we're witches so for Halloween this year we decided to be witches for the Halloween party that jocks throw every year. This year was a little different I didn't try to make Dallas jealous by flirting with guys, I didn't attempt to kiss him. I just got more drunk this year,per usual but I actually kept on drinking, not healthy but I was in my feelings.
     I said goodbye to Simone and walked into my house I took off my shoes and went to the fridge to get some food. Oh yeah did I mention my uncle straight up left after Dallas left, but he didn't leave a note. I got the gallon of milk and a glass and poured the milk in the glass. Fun fact I'm an athlete like my older brother Darry. I love sports I out run anyone on my volleyball team. I would play baseball with some of the jocks sometimes if I felt like talking to them. I played football with Simone sometimes but she didn't like sports that much. Simone has a beautiful voice while I sound like a dying cat on steroids. Simone says I have a good voice but I really don't. I sat on the couch and turned on the tv. All of a sudden There was a knock on the door.I jumped and fell off the couch. I opened the door, it was Simone. She looked like she's been crying.my face softened.
     "Hey wats up?" I said sympathetically.
     "Um I can't explain fully but basically I have to move to Tulsa to live with my brother...I just wanted to say goodbye"she said.
     "Wait! As in Tulsa, Oklahoma!"I said excitedly
     "Yeah, why"
     "That's where my brothers live. You know my twin brother, Sodapop the one I've been writing too?"
     "Oh yeah, do you need me to give them something if I see them?" She asked. How slow could she be.
     "No I'm coming with you" I said very determined to go with her.
"That's not the best idea..."
"I don't care I hate it here, the only reason why I stayed is because my best friend did, but now I don't even got that. I'm gonna find my brothers and I'm coming with you" I said very strictly and determinedly.
     "Fine" she caved my eyes lit up. I packed my things very quickly because I didn't have that much. As I was leaving I clutched the cross necklace that dally gave me kisses it and stared at my window. I signed and left towards the cop car in front of Simones house. The cop seemed unfazed that I was going with, but we didn't care. We drove off and he dropped us off at a gas station. How dumb could this guy be. I got out my wallet out of my bag and walked in. I was focused on getting food and something to drink. I got two cokes couple of candy bars and a bag of chips. I walked up to the cashier and I realized that soda was at the door in a DX shirt. I ran and jumped in his arms. I was crying, I haven't cried since dally left.
     " hey baby" soda said crying a little. Him and darry always have called me baby because I was the only girl so they would call me baby or baby girl.
     " hey pepsicola"I laughed while crying. I could see Simone eyeing soda and honestly I couldn't blame her. He is handsome he got every single girl to like home in grade school and he gets them now. Sometimes I find it hard to believe that I'm his twin. He's gorgeous and I'm well, not.
     We went to the Curtis house where everyone was. We walked into the door and a lot of people were in the small house.
     "Hey guys this is my sister Brooke and that's Steve's sister Simone" soda said with a huge smile on his face. The kid who looked the youngest who I'm guessing is pony boy had his jaw to the floor. God he's grown he's taller than me he's also handsome. Soda told me he is a straight a student. I didn't tell them but I'm a good student myself I have A's and B's mostly A's though.
     " WE HAVE A SISTER!?" Ponyboy said in shock. Darry has tears flowing out of his eyes and I was holding them back. He ran and hugged me very tight with his muscular arms.
     " I missed you so much" I wispered into his ear trying not to cry and being successful. I turned around after hugging darry and saw the person I was waiting to see for a year, Dallas Winston. Tears were brimming my eyes again but I would not let them fall I ran to hug him. He picked me up and hugged me tightly. He was smiling and that doesn't happen often but he is. I started smiling. I stared into his eyes they showed relief happiness and something else I couldn't read. He put me down and Steve introduced us to the gang.
     " So your Brooke" ponyboy said.
     " Yup God kid you've grown I was changing your diapers last time I saw ya now your bigger than me and handsome like your brothers." I laughed he smiled awkwardly I forgot he barley knew me since I left when he was very little because our parents couldn't afford me.
     "Sorry if that came out weird since you don't know me and I've known you. I doubt soda or darry has ever talked about me but soda wrote letters to me and I wrote back" I smiled his eyes lit up at the fact that soda wrote letters. I laughed and walked around the house. Steve and two bit were fighting I'm  guessing because he called Simone hot. After awhile of catching up with darry soda and pony someone whistled.
     " Damn Curtis I never knew your sister was hot" it was two bit. Darry soda dally and surprisingly ponyboy all shot him a death glare. Once Darry and Dally shot I'm the death glare he ran. They all stood up and ran after him. I busted out laughing soon enough Johnny Steve and Simone we're laughing too. I made a snorting sound and me and Simone started to laugh harder. When the boys came back they saw me and simone dying of laughter. They rolled their eyes and walked into the kitchen.
     "If you don't like chocolate cake here it's a sin, ya hear"Steve said seriously it's true if you don't like chocolate anything leave.
     "Yeah I'm good with chocolate cake!"Simone said cheerfully. I could get used to this.