chapter 2

*Grace pov*
When I walked into my first hour the class was half full and the teacher was at his desk drinking a Carmel frappe from Starbucks and clicking the keys on the computer. I walked up to the desk where the teacher was finishing up his drink then he looked up at me.

"You must be one of our new students? ummm....Grace right?"

"Yeah that's me,"I said softly.

"Well okay Grace, you sit there," he pointed to a seat next to my best friend.

I walked up the stairs and stood in front of Christina for a couple of seconds until she noticed me and smiled.

"Hey" I said hugging her tightly.

"Hi, I have your birthday present its an early gift" Christina said with a smirk.

"Guess what?" I said whispering.

"What?" She asked.

"So a couple of days ago I got an invitation to go to the palace and I can bring a friend and I want you to come" I said with a smile.

"Oh my gosh for real!" She said squeaky.

"This is a big deal! You've worked so hard" she said looking at me with the brightest of smiles.

"After dancing for 2 years I do deserve this" I say with confidence.

"What if Samantha tries to mess with you?" Christina asked.

"It's not like her fake ass matter anyways" I laughed.

"Well damn your nice," Christina said as she looked at her note book. Then Christina's face lit up like a Christmas tree, she tapped me.

"What?" I said as I sat down next to her.

She looks like she was about to suffocate.

"He's coming," she said pointing.

"Who?" I asked rolling my eyes.

"your a buzzkill," Christina said scoffing.

"How though?" I say chuckling.

"You know he's hot though" she said gawking at him.

"He's a prince of course he's gonna be hot" I said smartly.

When class started Christina was literally shaking I looked at her.

"What the hell is wrong with you," I asked whispering.

"Um nothing," she said quickly.

"Why won't you just tell me?" I asked.

"It's not important."

I rolled my eyes.

The bell finally rung for class to start and sweat was dripping down Christina's face.

"My god you look horrible,"I say looking her up and down.

"I-I'm okay."

Christina gripped her pen tighter as he sat down.

"Hi Grace," he said smiling at me.

"Hey," I put my hand in the air and quickly bring it back down.

Our teacher made us work with our lab partners and gave us a formula we had to make as a team. Our formula was a healing one. The teacher gave us a dead flower; a fucking dead flower, like was he trying to kill us.

" So...we have to bring it back to life,"
Hayden says.

"Oh my gosh your such a genius!" I say sarcastically.

"Grace," Christina said pinching my arm. The guy next to the prince frowned at me.

"If you happen to know the prince is very smart,"he says.

I smile,"what is he your boyfriend?" I asked trying not to laugh.

"Hayden I can't work with her she's a bitch," the guy hissed.

I  frowned and said,"if I'm the bitch your the man whore, skinny jeans are for girls last time I recall. With your in cooked pretzel look adds trying to talk shit looking ass.shot back with a smile. "Anyways we should start our assignment." Hayden reached for a beaker and grace smacked his hand. "Are you trying to kill us and you didn't even read the instructions," he looks at me in awe.

*Hayden pov*

I looked a her small hand,her finger nails a dark red, then she snatched her hand back. Then I realized I was looking at her a little too long.

"What?"

"Um sorry," he whispered before he looked back at his paper he caught a glimpse of her, he saw her hair which was two different colors the bottom was dark blonde and the top dark brown and her hair was almost down to her butt. Her skin was a flawless light brown, she had no hair on her arms and she was pretty. He watched Grace make the serum for the flower, his sister walked in and sits next to Jace.

"Sorry I'm late," she said smoothly. We watched Grace drop the serum on the dead flower and surprisingly it bloomed back into a black rose.

"It's alive," Grace smiled, then picked the rose up to put it in the vase the teacher gave us. I watched her drop the flower.

"Damn it."

She frowned as she turned her hand over to see the rose sliced her palm. Hayden watched the blood bubble to the surface

"I'll go ask the teacher for hydrogen peroxide," I said getting out of my seat.

When I came back I grabbed her hand and poured the liquid on the cut, she winced as the white bubbles started to form.

"Thanks."

************************************
Omg isn't the prince helpful!, So I'm not gonna be like every other story and have my comments after every chapter but give me your comments so I can make the story even better thanks guys :)