Chapter 1

*Grace pov*
My stepmom literally pushed me out the door of her car when she got to my school.

"bye grace!" She screamed.

I stumbled trying to keep my balance. I tried to stay low from the popuriazzi considering I knew they'd be looking for me.

I sighed I saw the crowd of people which I assumed were the populars. I was mainly looking for David (my dance partner) I kept my distance as I looked around for David. I knew that it would be a shitty year for me considering my "mom" is actually letting me go to a public school for my last year. I bet she told my step sisters to make it a living hell for me.

The bell had rung for school to start and still no David. My nerves had started to sink in like I was the fish and everybody else were the Sharks.

I kept my eyes strait so I couldn't see their judgmental stares as they knew who I was and saw my as a big threat. Then I felt a shoe trip me causing me to stumble into someone, he dropped all of his books because of me.

*Hayden pov*

Of course I was crowded around this morning like everyday but today felt different maybe because there was a couple inches of snow outside or maybe all the Humans around.

Every girl was gawking at me.

"Doesn't that feel nice" the curse whispered in my ear.

"Don't start today" I hissed under my breath.

"Seriously Hayden your my friend you have to find a girl to take to your party. Your parents will Kill me if I don't help you find somebody." Jace said fussing.

"Ugh shut up I will." I say looking down at my watch covered in diamonds.

*Grace pov*

" Oh my gosh I am so sorry" I said as I grabbed his books.

"It's fine trust me" He said as he helped me up.

"Really, are you sure?l I asked once more he laughed.

"Really," he says shaking my hand.

"I'm Lucas but you can call me Luke," he said chuckling.

"I-I'm Grace," I said stuttering.

"Oh...so your the new girl?" He asked.

I nodded my head,"today is my first day."

"Do you need help finding your classes?"

I grabbed my list and looked down at it.

" Actually I do" I said scratching my head.

Luke  grabbed the list from my hand." Oh you have Mr Stein for your first period, that's weird I'm actually heading that way now."

He gave me the list back and told me to follow him and that's exactly what I did.