Introduction

It's 2018, two years after the war between the vampires and humans. The
Humans and vampires finally equal In power (to an extent) and at peace between each other

*Hayden pov*

I woke up to the sun shining in my eyes and Jace blocking the sun with his shadow.

"Good morning Jace," I said placing my hand over my eyes and groaning. Jace is one of my best friend and my most trusted adviser.

"As you know your birthday is in a week have you found a special girl that you want to take?" Jace asked as he looked out the window.

"Umm... no," I said buttoning up my shirt then paused," I haven't had the time plus all the girls at those public schools are the same they just want the money not me" I said with a hint of frustration.

Jace frowned ," that can't possibly true there has to be someone, wait a minute!" Jace yelled.

"Did you forget your going to a public school today? Your parents want you to find someone ASAP. Hey, do you remember that's girl you kept telling me about?" Jace asked with a smirk on his face.

I sighed. "She doesn't remember me."

*Grace pov*

"Grace! Pick this shit up its a fuckin mess in here, now! Damn it!"

"I'm coming" I groaned getting out of bed and stomping down the stairs.

I walked into the kitchen where the broom laid against the wall, I wrapped my fingers wrapped around the smooth wood stick and brushed the broom across the finished floors, My stepmother frowned at frowned at me like I stepped on her puppy.

"how did you spill Cheerios on the floor?!" She screamed.

"I didn't your daughters did" I said smartly.

"Don't blame your sisters for your dumb ass spilling Cheerios on the floor!" My stepmother yelled like a drunk old man.

I  felt like whacking her up side the head with with this broom that was in my hands. I could imagine banging her on her head with the broom until all her blood was spilling on the floor. I almost let out  laughed at the thought. Even though it was demented I could imagine it.
"Would you hurry the fuck up you have to go to school in ten minutes and comb your damn hair!" She said with some power in her voice.

I'm wondering how long it will be until she croaks. I can't believe my father left me with her.