Harper snorted, feeling their meeting had been very backwards. "I'm Billie." She shook his strong hand with a silly grin.

"Alex." He reciprocated without hesitation. Billie was pleasantly surprised. Alex. She'd thought of just about a hundred different names and Alex never came to her. But it suited him more than any of the others. His swept blonde hair, blue eyes and surfer smile.

Alex smiled lopsided. "Would you want to... go out, sometime? Anytime? Whatever time, it's up to you. You also don't have to, I mean, that's also... up to you." Alex snapped his mouth shut, cutting off the ramble while Billie covered the smile behind her hand, composing herself.

"I'd love to, Alex." Her heart did an embarrassing little flip at his name. And a somersault when he said her's back.

»»»

"You called, I came! Which world ending crisis is it now." Billie called sarcastically as she pushed open the door to the Salvatore house, which happened to never be locked. Harper deposited her shoes neatly at the door and slid on her socks smoothly into the parlour where the usual suspects had gathered. Bonnie and Jeremy stood over a desk, a bowl spontaneously went up in flames as Bonnie finished chanting in Latin. The brothers simply watched, relaxed. Billie pointed her thumb over her shoulder at the door.

"You guys should really lock your front door. You don't know what psychos are out there." Billie teased and Damon chirped up from where he stood, pouring a glass of liquor at the table.

"Honey, I think we're the biggest psychos around for miles." Billie nodded, his logic flawless. She sauntered casually over to the table he had the bourbon resting on, trying to discreetly pour herself a glass.

"Billie, no." Stefan warned like a parent from his place at the back of an armchair and Billie pouted with disappointment while Damon smirked, proud of his influence.

She left the drink alone and draped herself over a sofa, ready to hear an explanation. She hoped it wasn't bad news. Billie's day had started off amazingly. Thinking about Alex brought an involuntary smile to her face.

Damon glanced at her curiously. "What's got you so happy, that's not allowed in this house." He questioned with a serious face. Billie shrugged.

"I'm always happy." She tried, knowing she couldn't have convinced a table with that statement.

Damon rolled his eyes. "Yeah, and Stefan poops rainbows." The mentioned brother turned his head to glare at Damon, looking as done as possible with his behaviour after almost two centuries of it. Bonnie interrupted, looking completely exhausted, but no one seemed to notice except for Billie and Jeremy.

"It's done." She spoke with finality. The brothers looked up at her.

"But what does it do."

Her eyes were fixated on the bowl of ash in front of her, the witch resigned to the fact that she had agreed to do whatever it took to keep Elena safe. "Blow the ash in her face, it should incapacitate Katherine for a minute or two. I'll lower the spell on the tomb, you can go in and grab the moonstone."

Billie's eyes widened. That's what they were doing. She narrowed her hazel eyes at the young Gilbert standing behind Bonnie. A dark shadow swirled around him. He looked disconcerted at the witch, not happy with the plan. Billie decided she would pull him aside later.