15: He's Had Enough

Start from the beginning

❤❤❤

That evening, I stopped Jungkook when he got inside his car. His work hour is done and he is about to go home. But, I can't let him go yet. Not until I get the answer to my curiosity.

He looked at me and asked me if I need anything from him. I nodded before I tell him, "I...want to ask you something."

He frowned before asking me what is bothering my mind. You bother my mind, I wish I can say that out loud to him.

"Nothing much. Just...I heard you shouted when you were out at the back. Who...did you shout to?", I asked.

He chuckled hearing it. "So, I bothered your mind with my shouting.", he said. Good job, my curious mind. I rolled my eyes at him before I asked him if he was shouting to his dad. Great, good job to my mouth now.

He gave me a serious look and for a moment, I felt the time passed by slowly. We are quiet for some time and only accompanied by the birds chirping and some chatters around us. It was awkward.

"If I say yes, why?", he replied with a question.

Tsk, he always annoyed me with this kind of reply when I asked him a question.

"You shouldn't have done that, Jungkook.", I said to him. He asked why and I began advising him, "I don't know what's the reason is this time that you're angry with him but he's your dad, Jungkook. You shouldn't yell at him. He's an elder and you should be gentle with him. Who knows if he has a heart attack or anything? Wouldn't it be bad if he got shock and had a heart attack because of your shouting?"

"That's better.", he said in which surprised me.

"Jungkook! Are you wishing your dad to die?", I asked him in my serious tone.

He sighed and slowly shook his head. "No, but...I've had enough with him. I felt like...quitting from J Corp.", he told me as he put his head on the wheel.

"Quitting? Why are you saying this? What did he do to you that you're thinking of this?", I asked him.

"I can't work there. His...future wife always come to see me working or just seeing around the company. I don't know if my appa asked her to do that or she did that on her own but I hate it. I hate to see her trying to make me accept her as a family.", Jungkook replied as he rubbed his face with his hands. "I better quit and just work here. Here is fun, not like in the office. That place is just so stressing for me. I had enough of it.", he added.

I looked at his face and saw that tired look. He has gotten a bit thinner than the first time I saw him came here. Was it because of the workload here or because of the stress he got from the office?

"You can't quit just like that. I'm sure your dad wouldn't let it happen. After all, you're his only son. Even if his future wife has her own children, those kids can't take what's yours. I'm sure you don't want to give up that easily with them, right?", I tried to make him think further of his thought to quit from J Corp.

Again, we went silent for some time. When he turned to look at me, I crossed my arms and said 'so' to know what he was thinking of.

"I shouldn't tell you of my plan to quit. Now, you got me thinking about it.", he replied while shaking his head.

I smiled as I managed to make him think of his decision. "I'm glad you told me. I don't want to see you here every day, you know?", I joked.

"That hurts.", he said as he put his hand on his heart. "But, thanks. At least, I know you still care about me and you still hate me at the same time.", he added making both of us laughed at it. "I should go. See you tomorrow.", he said as he closed the door and rolled the window down on me.

"Hey, Jungkook. Wait.", I said to him before he starts to drive. "Don't give up, okay? And don't say you've had enough with the company your dad built. He loves you and that's why he wants you to work for him. Don't disappoint him, Jungkook.", I told him even if he was angry with his dad.

He nodded to me, "Thanks for that. I'll make a move first. Bye, Chaeyoung."

I waved back at him before he started to drive leaving the bakery. I looked at his car until it was gone from my sight. Just like that, I think we are cool with each other again. No more curiosity in my mind and no more quiet Jungkook after this. He will be the annoying person again and I can't avoid that, I guess.

❤❤❤

Jungkook will annoy her again...and will she still act cold with him after this? We'll see...😏

🤗🤗