Chapter Eleven

APHRODITE

Scott's wedding day had come and I waited for them to leave Ari's house. I tugged dark skinny jeans up my legs, pulled a t-shirt over my head, fixed my hair, highlighted my eyes with mascara and adorned my lips with red lipstick.

Girl's day, I thought and looked through the window. It was a beautiful and warm day. I checked myself in the mirror for the last time and smiled contently.

The sun was sending its rays to my skin. It was more than pleasant.

Brynn waited for me in the park and when I got there, I interrupted her from a conversation with her husband.

"Hey, Phillip." I smiled.

Phillip smiled at me, and then turned to Brynn to kiss her. "You two have a good day."

"So, what do you want to do today?" Brynn turned to me, her eyes sparkling.

"I wanna go dancing." I grinned.

"You have no idea how great that sounds! So, small talk, lunch, endless wandering through the city and then some club?"

"Sounds like a plan!"

"But first of all, Aphrodite! We haven't seen each other for so long and the last time I checked, you promised me to share everything about you and Aristos Petrou." Brynn watched me eagerly.

"Shhh, Brynn! Not so loud and please don't say his name!"

"Alright, alright. So first of all... I mean, how, Aphrodite? How is he? Tell me!"

"No!" I rolled my eyes and lit up a cigarette.

"Oh, come on, give me a hint at least."

"I won't share details, and you have to promise me not to tell a living soul!" I exclaimed.

"I promise!"

"Well," I took a deep long drag on the cigarette and smiled. I told her about the night from the week before.

"What do you mean that he bounded you? What? Why? What is the point of blindfolding somebody during sex?"

"Think about it. You have no idea what he's doing next. Will he kiss you? Caress you? Hey, try it with Phillip and then we'll talk!"

"Oh, Aphrodite." Brynn pouted her lips and flipped her auburn hair. "Ya know, he has no imagination. I love him, but girl, he's fucking boring in bed. I tried to be on top once and he said he felt like he had no balls."

"Poor you!" I exclaimed.

Phillip had no idea where I lived now. He probably would have forbid Brynn to see me immediately. I knew it, but I couldn't really blame him because I knew I could potentially get Brynn in danger.

"Now, on a serious note, Aphrodite, what if he proposes?"

"What? Stop being ridiculous!" I exclaimed laughing. "I really don't see that happening."

"Why not?"

"Because he is who he is and I'm a nobody."

"Girl, lemme tell you one thing. Their names are fucking frightening and you went to his house and look at you now, you are not a nobody, you are the only woman in Aristos Petrou's life. I mean, that's huge. It doesn't sound ridiculous nor impossible. I mean, have you ever thought about it? What it would feel like if he asked you to be his wife and to have kids with him?"

"Kids?" I suddenly whispered sadly and Brynn glared at me pitifully with apologizing eyes.

"Sorry." Brynn said.