Chapter Thirteen: Tastes Like Diabetes

Start from the beginning

"Make this," he said as he stared at the box.

"Why don't you?" I questioned. His shoulders dropped slightly, and he crossed his arms.

"Because, I don't wanna," was his brilliant reply. I took the mix and stuck it back in the cupboard. I turned around and sat my butt on the counter.

"If I'm baking, then it's gonna be a good homemade cookie." I really shouldn't have said that.

"Brennan! Stop it!"
"This tastes like freaking diabetes!"
"Alex! How much?!"
"Brennan! I will shove that spoon up your ass if you don't stop eating that!"
"Andrew! Did you hear that?!"
Only a half an hour in, and they couldn't do anything right. Xavier put salt in instead of sugar. Brennan put chocolate milk in instead of white milk. And Andrew cracked the eggs over the floor.. He didn't even think of breaking them over the bowl. I can't even bake in peace.

I ran over to Brennan and took the spoon off of him that he was eating the batter off of. His jaw dropped as I tossed the wooden spoon in the sink and turned the water on the wash the batter off.

"Alex! That was my job!" He whined and ran over to the sink to try and save his spoon. I swear this boy is like a child.

Then, I ran over to Andrew who was trying to preheat the oven. He had the stove on and the oven light on..

I turned the stove off and pressed the bake button to turn the oven on.

"Use these arrows to adjust the heat. Okay? 350 degrees, Andrew. No more, no less," I said quickly as my words turned in to whines at the end as my frustration raised when I heard Xavier swear from the other side of the kitchen.

"Xavier, what now?" I whined as I ran over to the man-child rubbing his eyes.

"I got this spray shit in my eyes!" He yelled as I panicked and got a cold washcloth from the sink and gave it to him.

"Here. Wipe your eyes with this, and go sit down," I ordered as has placed the cloth on his eyes and rubbed them furiously.

"Alex! Alex! Oh my god!" Andrew screamed. I turned around and found that the stove was on fire. Brennan screamed and threw a glass of water on it and the flames grew.

I screamed even louder than Brennan and ran to the other end of the fridge to get the fire extinguisher. I grabbed the thing and ran to the stove. I hurriedly tried to figure out how to use it. I squeezed a lever and the fire extinguisher let out whatever that stuff was and blew the fire out. I leaned against the counter and breathed heavily.

"And I thought I was stupid," Xavier muttered as he held the cloth to his eye. I huffed and walked out of the kitchen.

"Alex, do you want us-"

"No," I cut Brennan off, "I want you to clean everything up. Now." I didn't know that cooking was such a hazardous thing with them.

I held the mug of hot chocolate to my lips as my knees were pressed to my chest. I stared at the fire as my body was being warmed by the flames.

"Um. The kitchen is cleaned," Brennan's shy voice spoke up behind me. I turned around and saw all three boys looking guiltily at me. A small smile made its way to my face. I patted the floor beside me. The boys scurried beside me and we sat in silence as we all watched the fire.

"We brought you a cookie," Brennan said with a small smile. He held out a little sugar cookie with blue icing. I laughed as I remembered the store bought sugar cookies that were in the cupboard.

"Thank you," I replied and took the cookie. I broke it into fourths and gave each of the boys a piece.

"Can we never do that again?" Xavier asked making me chuckle.

"Yes," I said and nibbled on my cookie.

"Good because I'd hate to be the first person to burn down the pack house," Andrew joked as he leaned back and laid on the floor. I rolled my eyes and finished my cookie.

"You guys are a piece of work," I said simply. Couldn't life be as simple as the word itself?
----
Okay so um if you don't like this book. Don't read it. Just wanted to say that because yelling at me via wattpad about isnt gonna make me change the entire book. It's not finished yet so who are you to tell me that the book isn't up to par with your expectations. I could just stop writing this but I don't because I have tons of amazing readers who actually appreciate it.

Anyway a lot of you have been following me on Instagram and Twitter and that freaking awesome. I'm serious like I try to answer all of you so message me or DM me or something bc come times I get really bored.

Okay so since last Tuesday im officially taken. So yay! Haha. It was really weird bc it wasn't either of the boys that I thought was gonna ask. It was really hard tho bc I felt so bad for the other boys.

Oh and ITS 25 DAYS TIL CHRISTMAS SO MAYBE ILL MAKE A CHRISTMAS CHAPTER? I KNOW. LOL.

So has anybody missed Greyson and Mariah yet? Well they'll be back. Along with some other characters but I'm having these Alex and the boys chapters for a reason before Grey comes back.

If you guys have questions then message me please. Okay thanks. Love you all❤️

OH AND I MIGHT START A NEW STORY BUT IT WOULDNT BE LIKE WEREWOLF. I WANT IT TO BE MORE OF A ZOMBIE APOCALYPSE BOOK. OPINIONS??