I patted her back and she winced. “Sorry, I am just a bit over-sensitive when I am sick,” she said and sniffled before she pulled back from me.

I nodded but back in my mind I really wondered what was wrong. I mean, I had hardly touched her... I was just probably just over thinking. She sighed deeply, and then she waved at me and walked back to the house. She closed the door behind her and I looked at where she had left for one more second, then I went away.

Something was definitely wrong with Perrie and I would find out what it was.

***

“Hey, you are back!” I smiled happily as I saw Perrie coming through the door and she waved at me before sitting down next to me. She yawned then wrapped her arm sloppily around my shoulder. She stretched her muscles and then smiled again. “Yeh, I am... How are you? I missed you.”

We both chuckled quietly but my heart started racing again and chills ran down my spine. “Missed you too,” I said and tried to sound as casual as possible and tried to keep a rather straight face. “And I am fine... you look tired,” I said worried.

She shrugged. “Yeh, but it’s okay. So, how are you and Liam going? Already had a date?” Her face didn’t show any emotion but that could probably be because she was tremendously tired. Had she even slept tonight?

“No,” I said and shook my head. It was somehow hurting to know she wanted me to be with someone else so badly... “I didn’t call him and he didn’t either.”

Right that moment three boys walked in, them being Niall, Zayn – and Liam. I felt a little awkward with him now but I always tried to stay nice and polite and not to hurt him. Somehow he had become my best male friend here and in the days where Perrie wasn’t in school he was the one to talk to me at lunch. I felt comfortable with him... but it wasn’t enough. I know it was probably useless to be in love with Perrie because she would never return my feelings but no matter how hard I tried, I just didn’t see anything like this in Liam. Whenever I was with him I thought about her blonde hair, her blue eyes, which were so different to his dark eyes...

“Hi, Jade,” Liam said and then waved at Perrie before he sat down next to me. Zayn and Perrie exchanged a quick hug which made me bit my lower lip. I didn’t like how close those two were even though I had no right to feel jealous. They were friends for so much longer already... but what if Jesy was right and those would end up in a relationship?

I sighed and turned around so I was now facing Liam. “Hey, how are you?” He asked smiling and put down his schoolbag before he leant against the table. He smiled down at me, supporting his body with his hands clenched around the edge of the table.

“Good, what about you?”

“I am good, too. I thought... maybe we could learn today? I soon have a test and it surely wouldn’t be too bad if we started a bit earlier already, would it?” He suddenly was shy again, his cheeks fluttered pink and his eyes sparkling. Did I look like this too when I was talking to Perrie?

“Yeh, sure! Err, when exactly? Because after the lunch break we have PE.” I sighed deeply. I mean, not that I hated PE but... it was just... okay, I hated it.

“I could get you then after the lesson? You know, I am already eighteen.” He flashed me a grin and I nodded.

Well, let’s have a learn date with Liam...

***

“I don’t wanna have sports now...” Perrie murmured and grabbed my arm so I was stopping. I looked at her and smiled sympathetically. I linked our arms and again my heart was racing but I just tried to ignore it.