Chapter 28 : The King of Heroes

Sirzech's PoV
Regina is an interesting girl. Although its hard to tell with her face that is expressionless most of the time. She is a caring girl as she came to back up Issei by coming here.

She also smart and capable judging from the when they entered the hall from the aura she released. With that action she told us who is supporting Issei. It acted as a warning as well as a show of power towards me.

She is a good friend for Rias to have, as not anyone would have the courage to come here even if she is strong. Especially since she knows of the possibility of taking on a Demon King in their own territory.

"Grayfia what do you think of her?" I asked my [Queen], Grayfia as we walked back to the office to deal with some paperwork.

"She is dangerous." She said simply with a serious look.

I also agree with her statement. She was incredibly powerful. Im not sure what else she is hiding but her sacred gear is seriously terrifying.

"The aura she released reached satan class. From that we can see that she is at least on par with the other demon kings." Grayfia concluded.

"Im not so sure about that. Even I would have a hard time against her." I told her.

Hearing me she was slightly confused and shocked.

"You forgot she had a sacred gear."

"You mean those chains?" She said doubtful.

"You think those chains are weak?" I asked her, to which she answered with a nod.

"Those golden chains are called [Enkidu] they are the chains of heavens that bind the Gods. The more divinity a person has, the tighter those chains become." (Sirzechs)

Hearing what I said she was shocked.

"The reason they were so weak looking that you could break them easily is because it was against devils. If it was a God they would find it hard to escape, and from what I see she held back by quite a lot when she used those chains earlier as even if it was weapon to bind Gods it shouldn't be that weak against non-divines." (Sirzechs)

"However if thats the case I don't see whats so powerful about her sacred gear as it only has that purpose."

"Thats not her sacred gear." I told her simply.

"What!?" She asked with an expression of disbelief.

"You probably didn't notice as she only used the chains but her sacred gear was those golden ripples that appeared when the chains appeared."

I look at her who is listening with a serious expression.

"Her sacred gear is called, [Gate of Babylon]. Inside it is a treasury which has all the world's treasure. Have you heard of Gilgamesh?"

"It was on her name when she introduced herself." She said.

"Yes, that means she is that person's descendant."

"Who?"

"Gilgamesh is the King of Uruk, Humanity's first civilization.  He was the king of humanity's oldest civilization which later laid the foundations of the human world for the next generations. He lived in the age of the oldest of Gods. Even before various mythologies came to exist. Even before the time of the Devils and the Biblical God. When the Gods of Ancient Mesopotamia roamed the world. Although now they have disappeared the power they once held is terrifying." I look towards her who had a serious expression and listening intently. Gilgamesh's legend is quite old and most people forgot about it nowadays.