CHAPTER FORTY-TWO

Start from the beginning

"You can't stop me, Alex," Caitlin told her. Alexandra finally realized why she had been feeling funny all evening, it was because of the doctor. She was succumbing to the life of Killer Frost and Alex was feeling the turmoil within her. Caitlin must have been feeling very emotional if she was to feel it without shifting into her.

Truth be told, Alex could easily stop Caitlin. It was just simply a matter of she didn't want to hurt her friend. Instead, she raised her arms in defense. Frost emitted from Caitlin's finger tips and the two girls circled around each other so that Caitlin was near the door while Alex was closest to the cell.

"What are you doing, Caitlin? This isn't you," Alex tried to talk to her.

"I need to get rid of these powers," Caitlin informed her. Alex slowly lowered her arms to her sides, hoping that her actions would go unnoticed by the doctor. "You don't understand what having these powers could lead to."

"Out of everyone in this building I am the only one that would understand," Alex shook her head. "You know what my future held because of my abilities, you know the kind of person that I was supposed to turn into. I changed my future, and so can you. Nothing is set in stone, we create the path we want."

Alex reached for her phone in her back pocket. She hoped that Caitlin would keep looking at her face rather than her hands. Unfortunately for her, she had been mistaken. The moment that Caitlin realized that she was going for her phone, her hands frosted up once more.

With as much speed as she could muster, she tried to reach her phone so that she could press the emergency button for Barry to come. Caitlin, was just a little too quick to notice what she was trying to do, and shot her with an ice cold blast. Alex gasped as the wind was knocked out of her upon hitting the wall.

She tried to get up one more time but this time, she was hit with ice. Alex fell in and out of consciousness as the cell door locked her in and Caitlin walked away.

><

Alex woke up with a killer headache. She groaned at the bright lights that shone in her eyes and the alarm that was going off in the cortex. With a lot of complaining she hauled herself out of the medical bed, remembering what had happened to her the moment that she had gotten knocked out.

Caitlin had went full Killer Frost mode and caught her off guard enough to take her down. Someone must have realized where she was for her to be back in the med bay of the lab.

The noise to the alarm stopped but the pain in her head was still there. Alex rubbed the back of her skull as she went to go figure out what the hell was going on. Barry and Iris were hunched over one of the monitors looking at a map of Central City, one area was lit up in particular.

"What the hell happened?" Alex asked, catching both of their attentions. Barry looked relieved to see that she was up again. Caitlin had gotten a pretty good hit on her. It took a while to figure out where she had gone, Barry had done a sweep of the building the moment that Caitlin disappeared.

He found her knocked out in the cell, cold and shivering. It didn't take him long to piece two and two together to see that Caitlin had done it too her just before she had gone to CCPD to question one of Alchemy's acolytes. Alex must have figured out what she was up to before she had left.

She was brought upstairs. Barry used his powers to the best of his abilities to warm her up but there was nothing else that he could do until she woke up.

Iris explained to Alex what had happened since she had been knocked out. Caitlin kidnapped Julian to help her figure out where the acolytes where. Barry tried to stop her but was stabbed with an icicle. However, Iris left out that part after the look that he had given her. Alex didn't need to worry about him.