Chapter 1

The Byers finally moved the last box into the house in Biddeford Maine.El and Will were already in their rooms unpacking. Jonathan and Joyce were in the kitchen. When they got done unpacking Joyce noticed Jonathan looked upset. "Hey Jon why don't you take El and Will to the beach. It's still summer. School doesn't start for another two weeks.! It's only a 15 minute drive!"Joyce told him. Jonathan smiled. He went into Will's room to see El and Will sitting on the floor playing a hand game.
"What are you doing?"
"El was teaching me a hand-game Max taught her!"
"Come on I'm taking you to the beach!"
Will looked excited. He grabbed El's hand and pulled her up.
"Come on El, you'll love the beach!"
"Ok" she said smiling, they got into Jon's car and drove 15 minutes. Finally they got there. They got out their towels and chairs, they walked around the beach looking for an empty spot. El thought the beach was pretty but she didn't like the hot sand. All the sudden she felt something hard hit her head. It hurt really bad.
"EL! Are you ok?"will yelled running to his new sister's aid.
"Omg! I'm so sorry girl! I didn't mean to hit you! I didn't see you!" They looked up to see 2 girls and a boy all carrying surfboards. The one that spoke looked older than the other two and had blonde hair and a shell necklace and was wearing a pink bikini.
"Lyssa come on!"The younger girls said. This girl had auburn hair pulled into a ponytail and was wearing a blue bikini.
"Yeah we have to go home!"The boy said. He had brown swept back hair and was wearing green swim trunks.
"Hang on let me see if this girls ok!"
"What did you do? "The brunette asked turning around and hitting Jonathan in the stomach with the surfboard she was holding. Nobody noticed they were all focused on El.
"I'm ok. I have been hurt worse."
"Well it Doesn't look like you're bleeding so that's good! I'm really sorry! I'm Alyssa but you can call me Aly."
"I'm Summer!" The brunette said.
"And I'm Jesse " the boy says. Will and El smiled at them.
"I'm Will and this is my sister El. We just moved here from Indiana."
"Cool how old are you?" Summer asked.
"14." Will says.
"Wicked! So are we!" Jesse said.
"Well those two are! I'm 20!"Aly says.
"Oh you're my age! I'm Jonathan by the way!"Jonathan says finally recovering from getting hit a couple minutes ago.
"How do you know these two?" El asked.
"Summer is my neighbor and I give them both surfing lessons!"
"Awesome!" Will says.
"I can teach you some time!" Aly says.
"We were just leaving but do you guys want to hang out later? We can show you the town." Summer asked. The 3 agreed. Summer gave them her address. The siblings smiled at each other. Maybe Maine wouldn't be so bad after all.