14. trying to google

Today was the day they finally let you out of the hospital. Luckily not much has happened. The cuts weren't deadly although they did hurt the first two days.

You drive back home and go to sit down behind your computer. You decided to do some research on Freddy.

You typed in 'people dying in their sleep' and waited for some results to come up. You were pretty sure there had to be SOME kind of headline. The nurse said that there were a couple of cases like that. But strangely nothing came up.

You tried to go back to the link your friend Stacy sent you when you first had the dream. But it was removed.

You were very confused. How was this possible. This situation was all over the news just last week and now it's just gone?

You remember how Freddy said 'the fear and knowledge of me gives me strength.'

What if that's it! The media decided not to worry the public and removed the news.

But wait, how would they know about Freddy? Did this happen before?

You googled "Freddie Kruger" and waited. Only three articles come up and you open all of them in separate tabs. But when you came on to them to read they were missing. You got a blank page from each article. As if it was completely removed.

You had to tell Freddy about this. But how? Take a nap, yeah sure but you need to establish some kind of communication system other than constantly taking naps.

You tried to search a bit more but no luck. You get up and go to your bed to go to the dream realm and tell Freddy about this weird problem.

You were about to go to sleep suddenly hear your phone buzz.

You pick it up and see that you have a text message from the hospital. You were confused a bit, shouldn't hospitals call or email you? A text seemed kinda weird.

You shrugged it off and read it.

Hello (y/n)
We may have made a mistake of not providing you the pills you were supposed to take with you. Please respond asap if you have received them or not.

You thought for a while and realized that you did, in fact, not receive any pills. But you didn't worry. You were sure those are some kind of sleeping pills anyway and you had those so you texts them a "yes" and plopped back to take a nap.

You appear in the dream realm wearing the same clothes you fell asleep in. It was the same spot you were in when you first met Freddy. You look around for him and don't see any sign of life.

You found the stairs and went down them. The atmosphere was dead and silent. There was even a chilly feeling in the air. Is Freddy not here? But that makes no sense, does it? Where else would Freddy be but here?

You keep walking until you run into a whole bundle of chains, all rusty with small shiny parts still showing, hanging from the ceiling almost touching the ground. It looked like one of those crazy ramen noodles exhibits at a funhouse. But this looked like a whole forest of chains!

You looked in awe at them and you're curiosity persuaded you to go into them. You move the first set of chains apart and-

"Boo." Freddy,s grinning face poked out and spooked you.

"Aah!" you screamed and fell on your bum. This cracked him up and he went into a satisfied giggle as he walked out of the chains. He really took you by surprise.

You get up brushing yourself off and he takes a stance right in front of you with a childish grin plastered on his face. You felt embarrassed and a bit angry.

"Why did you do that!?" you huffed.

Freddy's expression became defensive and he put his hands on his hips.

"Pft, you are the only being I get to see here at the moment, might as well entertain myself with it."

He glances at you and his smirk comes back again and he leans in.

"Did I ever tell you how cute you look when you're pissed off?"

You groan and try to calm yourself by breathing.

"Listen Freddy I came here for a reason-"

"Of course you did."

He interrupts you.

"Why else would you come here? It's not like you like poor old Freddy? Right?"

He cooed in a mocking tone. Your cute angry expression turns back on and you turn around and start walking back to the stair.

"Hey hey, come back here, I was just messing with you!"

He called out to you but kept walking and made your way up the stairs.

When you made it to the top and onto the catwalk he was already there, waiting for you. You didn't question how he did it, figured it was his dream abilities.

You stop in front of him and muster the most serious face you can.

Freddy sighs. "Fine, what did you want to tell me?"

A/N
Phew that was a long chapter for me. 852 words! I wanted to pull to 1000 but I'm too tired plus its 3 AM i better get some sleep. Enjoy the story!
(next chapter should be out tommorrow)
Published: July 14 2020
Edited: May 14 2021