Chapter 25 : Regalia and the Dragon's Vow

Start from the beginning

Some of the members even joke about that if they weren't the same gender they would have already gone out.

"Sensei, Are you there? Your daydreaming again."

Alena called out to me. Making me come out from being dazed.

"Ah sorry! Force of habit." I replied as I sometimes go on a daze when thinking about something too much.

"Focus." Said Ilya reprimanding me.

"Right lets start."

...

Regina's PoV
The hall was cleared out and it was time for Issei and Riser's rematch.

The male devil that was acting as the referee declared the start of the match

"Please start!"

Riser spreads out his flame wings and started mocking Issei.

"I already know of all about your sacred gear's abilities. It has the power to double the user's powers every 10 seconds, and it seems you gained the ability to transfer power to your allies. Although It is powerful you won't be able to beat me."

Riser has a point as Issei needs to wait every 10 seconds to boost his own power and even that has a limit. Not to mention Riser wont give him that luxury. He is also without any allies as its a duel. Issei wont be able to use his transfer ability in this case.

"Buchou. I will finish it in 10 seconds."

"...Issei?" Hearing his declaration Rias became confused.

'I see so he has already decided to use that from the start.'

Unknowingly I let out a small smile hearing his declaration. Seeing that Sirzechs who is seated beside me asks.

"Is something the matter?"

"Just watch the Red Dragon Emperor will surprise us." I replied to him.

Even if the odds here are against Issei he will win Im sure of that. Out of all the devils here only Rias and her peerage believes Issei will win. Sirzechs himself does not believe that he will be victorious and is doing a final gamble as a way of helping Rias.

This is the last chance Sirzechs can give to Issei. If he fails even Sirzechs won't have anyway out of this situation to help Rias. Worst come to worst I'll have to intervene so you better make this count!

"You sure talk big for saying that you will finish it in 10 seconds. Then I will finish you off in 5 seconds. It won't be like last time, Rias' [Pawn]!"

...

Issei's PoV
I know that the odds are stacked against me. Even if Regina-san can help me take away Buchou from here what would follow is we will be declared as traitor devils.

Im really thankful for Regina-san, although she is a quiet person and seems cold. She really takes care of her friends. Just remembering what she told me before almost made me cry at that moment.

[Flashback]
"Issei are you ready?

Issei nods

"Then be prepared to steal the bride. Even if its a Demon King i'll have your back."

[Flashback ends]

Those words really means a lot to me. That she would even take on the devil king just to help me.

I know that without this Boosted Gear I am nothing however that doesnt mean I won't back down without a fight!

I take a deep breath and closed my eyes as I remember what Regina-san told me as we ran through the halls.

["Listen up, I know you probably know this already but let me remind you once more. The sacred gear responds to the power of desire. Wish for it and the sacred gear will respond."]

I opened my eyes and shouted towards her. The one I vowed to protect. Please give me strength.

"Buchou! Please allow me to use [Promotion] here!"

I yelled out toward Buchou. Hearing my words she nodded as I initiate promotion.

"[Promotion]! [Queen]!"

I reaffirmed once more the vow I did that night on the mountain.

"I don't have talent for swords like Kiba! I'm not a genius like Akeno-san at using demonic-power! I don't have a crazy strength like Koneko-chan, nor do I have a healing power like Asia! Even still, I will become the "Strongest Pawn"!"

I have already failed once to protect that promise. I failed to hang onto you. However that will be the last time!

"For you, I will even beat God! With this Boosted Gear! My only weapon! I will make sure that I will protect you!"

For everyone who helped me arrive at this point. To my comrade Devils, to those instructors on the mountain, even to my scary teacher Nanashi-san, to Regina-san who stood behind my back and cleared open a path for me to arrive here and most of all for Buchou.

I WILL WIN!

"Shine!! Over Boost!!"
[Welsh Dragon over booster!!!]

LETS GO!