Chapter 12

Elizabeth's PoV

A week had passed since the wedding and James and I were happy as ever. Alec and I were back to the relationship we used to be. Before we fell in love and all, that is. Not realizing it, I noticed he talked about Valerie quite a lot and it made me smile knowing just how happy he was. Valerie and I had gotten very close and I could easily say were were very good friends. Based on the way she interacted with Alec it was like they were meant to be. It often had me wondering though if all of this happened for a reason, because it sure seemed like it. I looked next to me and saw James sleeping peacefully next to me. Since we were married now the King and Queen had both of us moved to a master room. It was a beautiful room with a king sized bed with sheets made of the finest materials. The color scheme was red and made the whole room look lovely.

I slowly got out of bed not wanting to wake up James. I quietly slipped into the washroom and cleaned up for the day. My mind was wandering quite a bit about everything that had happened. I was happier than I ever thought I could be and I was curious as to when the titles would be passed on. Glancing over at James I noticed he was awake and staring at me lovingly. "Good morning, love. How did you sleep?" Smiling at him sweetly I blushed. "It was the best sleep I've ever had... Even though I'm.. Quite sore."

James flashed me an evil grin and got up, letting the covers fall from his naked body. Slowly he made his way over to me, as if he was a predator stalking his prey. Wrapping his arms around me he held me close, my ear against his chest I could hear the soft thump thump of his heart. "Have I ever told you how beautiful you are?" He whispered seductively in my ear, causing my face to heat up. Gently shoving him away I flashed him a smirk, "Yeah.. Although you should probably start telling me more often."

His deep laugh filled my ears as I relaxed in his warmth. "Hey James.. When are the titles going to be passed down to us?" James gently put his finger under my chin and lifted my head up to look at him. "Is my little Lizzy getting impatient?" He said in a baby voice, pouting at me. I laughed and slapped his arm playfully, but then my face grew serious. "No... I'm just.. Kind of scared for it, I'll have so many responsibilities just dropped on me so quickly."

James hugged me tightly and kissed my forehead. "I think they were planning on doing it within the months end... You shouldn't worry though, you'll be a great queen. I can tell." I sighed and walked to the wardrobe, opening it and running my hands through the outfits. Finally picking out a plain blue dress I liked. "I think I'm going to take a walk with Valerie through the garden today... I'm going to speak to her about Alec." I felt James walk up behind me and kiss my neck gently. "Trying to get them together I presume?" I nodded, walking over to the mirror and changing into the dress. "I can tell they like each other, it's too bad they can't seem to see it. Oh well though I suppose it gives me something to do." Admiring myself in the mirror, I turned around and looked at James."What do you plan on doing today? Any exciting soon to be king duties?"

James sighed loudly. "Unfortunately yes, the captain of the guard wishes to speak to my father and I regarding the mysterious Ashdor kingdom." I looked at him, very confused. "Ashdor? I've never heard of it, why do they want to speak to you about it?" James quickly threw on some clothes while we spoke. "Not much is really known about the kingdom, not even its ruler, aside from the fact it isn't technically a true kingdom. The ruler doesn't have royal blood flowing through his veins. From what I've heard though, it's a very dark and secretive kingdom. The Captain thinks they might be planning to invade us soon though we aren't quite sure why." I gasped, shocked by the news. "Well.. Just be careful today okay? You never know if a spy could be sneaking about."

James kissed my lips tenderly. "I will dear. I'll find you later and we can go for round two.." Winking at me suggestively, we exited the room and went our separate ways. Him off to protect the kingdom, and I was off to help a love blossom. I walked down the halls slowly, admiring all the decorations. Without realizing it I bumped right into someone. "Oh I'm so sorry, I wasn't watching where I was going." A soft laugh made me relax, instantly recognizing it. "Hey Val, how are you doing today?" I asked softly, hugging her tightly. "I'm pretty good, just seeing if I can help around the castle at all."