Chapter 7

"Alec... That's not funny!" I cried defensively, "How could you say that when you know my parents are dead?!" He took a deep breath, "That's the thing Eliza... You're a princess your father is the King and mother the Queen!" I got so hurt, how could he say this to me!? Is he trying to hurt me?

    Alec slowly got closer to me, "Elizabeth I'm going to need you to come with me... It wasn't time for you to know yet but now that your fathers sick..." I screamed loudly, "NO! HE IS NOT MY FATHER AND I WILL NOT COME WITH YOU!" I turned around and ran away from him as fast as I could.

    I thought he was a good guy but obviously not. After awhile of looking behind me he wasn't following me anymore. I thought about going home, but decided against it. It's possible that he would lie to grandma and tell her I'm in danger. I couldn't go home that's the first place he would look for me.

    I ran until my feet wouldn't allow me to run anymore. I wasn't sure where I was, all I knew is that I'm safe. I looked around and saw I was in the forest. Oh great, last time I was here I was attacked by wolves. Suddenly, I screamed. I screamed as loud as I could, letting out all the pain I've went through. My mind thought about Alec, all the lies he told me. He probably never even liked me at all. Must've just been pretending so I would fall for him.

    God, I'm a freaking idiot. I sat against a tree and cried, letting all my emotions just take over. Alec is wrong, I am not a Princess and I'm not the Kings daughter. I'll just live out the remainder of my life in the woods alone, and away from Alec. Sighing, I got up and looked around for some large leaves. Using twine I tied them together and made a leaf pillow. Next, I made a little hut out of leaves and then a blanket. Satisfied, I laid down in my little hut and fell asleep.

    "Is this her?" A man huffed, "Yeah, it has to be. She looks exactly like her. The same face and everything." There was a laugh, "Why would they let her be out here alone without some form of protection?" What a weird dream, I thought to myself. I decided to open my eyes and saw 5 men staring at me. "She's awake!" One of them said. "Who are you people?" I demanded.

    "Hah, she's asking who we are. We are your worst nightmare, princess." I glared at them, "I am not a princess I have no clue what you're talking about." He laughed even harder, "Wow, is she stupid or something?" Hissing, I slapped the man hard on the cheek, that'll teach him. The mans eyes grew cold. "That was a big mistake princess..." I suddenly realized I didn't care anymore, and I laughed.

    BAM! My cheek stung from the impact. I rubbed it, tears about to appear. No, I wouldn't let them see me cry. I put on my bravest face and stood up. The men gawked at me, confusion on their faces. "Well gentlemen, I will be leaving now." I went to step around them, but they stopped me. "Sorry princess, but m'lord wants to see you, take over the kingdom and all." He smiled at me evilly. With a swing of my fist I hit him hard in the face and ran. All of a sudden, I felt a rope wrap around my foot, tripping me. My head hit a rock with a sickening crack, and I greeted darkness.

    "Do you think she's ok? Master will be very mad if she's not." A grunt, "She's still breathing isn't she?" It got silent, and I tried to move to no avail. Opening my eyes, I saw I was tied to a wooden post. "Aha! See she's fine," he walked over and took my face in his hand. "We wouldn't want anything to happen to the pretty princess would we?" He said in a baby voice. I yanked my head away, spitting in his face. "She's a handful," he wiped away the spit, "Wouldn't want her to get hurt... Would we?" I frowned, "People will come for me, you'll see! You all will be killed for this."

    "I think we'll take our chances." I secretly wished to myself Alec would find me. Sure I'm mad at him but he would help me, and not let these men touch me. The men were sitting round the campfire and talking. "Hopefully the boss will give us good pay for this, I need it to support my family." The others nodded in agreement. I pouted, "Just let me go! I'll give you anything you want, please!" The tallest man went right up in my face, "We will have what we want once we hand you over."